The Student Room Group

What is ‘option ‘means in a level geography OCR

Hi I’m a year 11 student, I’ll be taking OCR Geography for a-level next year, as my mom asked me have a look on its textbook during summer, well I’m wondering what is option means , like there is three option in each component, (e.g. component1 optionA coastal landscape option B glaciated…..)when I search on its subject specification it shows:frown:Students develop an understanding of landscape systems by studying one of the following options:smile: which make me more confused, is that means I can only Learn one option in each component or it means you can choose what to test during exam , Many thanks
Original post by Yang2005
Hi I’m a year 11 student, I’ll be taking OCR Geography for a-level next year, as my mom asked me have a look on its textbook during summer, well I’m wondering what is option means , like there is three option in each component, (e.g. component1 optionA coastal landscape option B glaciated…..)when I search on its subject specification it shows:frown:Students develop an understanding of landscape systems by studying one of the following options:smile: which make me more confused, is that means I can only Learn one option in each component or it means you can choose what to test during exam , Many thanks

Hi, I took AQA A-level geography and yes you will choose one topic for each component. It might be different for your exam board but for me I had to study water & carbon cycles for section A. Then for sections B it was a choice between coasts, deserts and glaciers. My school chose coasts and then for section C it was hazards. Your school will choose the optional topics to study. For the sections where there are optional topics, you only do the the one which you've been taught and ignore the others.

Quick Reply

Latest