Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Seems we attended the same course I only found pragmatics a bit harder...
    Probably not since mine was an Italian department course, but I find it easy to believe there's more than one course that meets me description! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Are resit marks capped at 50%? (i'm a PG)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Probably not since mine was an Italian department course, but I find it easy to believe there's more than one course that meets me description! :lol:
    I actually think the lecturer is the same - does his first name begins with V by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    I know who you both mean :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I actually think the lecturer is the same - does his first name begins with V by any chance?
    Maybe... :ninja: It didn't help that we also had one of those annoying students who always want to argue with the lecturer, so everything got confusing.

I remember one lesson where we were studying sentences where using a word with dual meanings provides two completely different but correct sentences. One of his sentences was "the old man the boats", which was meant to be a play on the dual meanings of 'man'. Except if you use it as a noun, the sentence actually doesn't make sense. Longest lesson of my life as the teacher and the class argued about it. One of the italian erasmus students asked me to explain and I just didn't know where to begin :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's it. Four topsy turvy years, from the highs of being a fresher and getting firsts from harsh markers to the lows of Moonies and French universities losing your results. That was that was that and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Now to partaaaaay!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Last exam tomorrow YAAY!

Been a decent first year I suppose

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations

Had my first exam today and it went pretty well. Have my next one on Tuesday and I've not opened the two required books or re-read my notes, and I'm off to Nice and Monaco for the weekend. I should be revising now, but I can't stop looking at this tumblr: http://thetimeistudiedabroad.tumblr.com/. It's brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    First year over. Going home tomorrow. Looking forward to the Czech Republic on one hand, going to miss UCL on another one. Hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Congratulations

Had my first exam today and it went pretty well. Have my next one on Tuesday and I've not opened the two required books or re-read my notes, and I'm off to Nice and Monaco for the weekend. I should be revising now, but I can't stop looking at this tumblr: http://thetimeistudiedabroad.tumblr.com/. It's brilliant.
    Nice and Monaco for the weekend. Who says UCL students tend to be on the posh side?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fires)
    Nice and Monaco for the weekend. Who says UCL students tend to be on the posh side?
    Not posh, just making the most of cheap Italian trains!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Not posh, just making the most of cheap Italian trains!
    Oh right! Sounds lovely anyway, don't mind me, just jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by destination unknown)
    Are resit marks capped at 50%? (i'm a PG)
    anyone please?

ReputationRep:
    Hey All,

Just wondering if there is anyone looking to merge with a group of two for accommodation next year?

ReputationRep:
    First year over. Going home tomorrow. Looking forward to the Czech Republic on one hand, going to miss UCL on another one. Hehe.
    Congrats!!! Are you doing IMESS program?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hovgoro)
    Congrats!!! Are you doing IMESS program?
    No, I'm not...

ReputationRep:
    BOOM. Thanks for my results Avignon! Now try and accuse me of lying, SELCS! That's right; you can't.

ReputationRep:
    Any final year students get their graduation tickets yet? They're supposed to be sent out this month, but I've not got anything, and UCL in the past have not sent me stuff they were supposed to (candidate number cards for exams being one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Any final year students get their graduation tickets yet? They're supposed to be sent out this month, but I've not got anything, and UCL in the past have not sent me stuff they were supposed to (candidate number cards for exams being one).
    Sorry not final year. But have you checked your addresses on portico? There are two; one term time, one home one? Might be a bit late to change it, but if it's wrong then phone them and enquire?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.