The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nichrome
Any final year students get their graduation tickets yet? They're supposed to be sent out this month, but I've not got anything, and UCL in the past have not sent me stuff they were supposed to (candidate number cards for exams being one).

I haven't heard anything yet either.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Lizia
Novella sent us an email last week reminding us to get a copy of our results for selcs so we dont have to wait for the unis to send them. Avignon was mentioned as a uni that was very efficient in this respect. I LOLed.

They're alright, I'm the only person that I know had missing grades and it happened to coincide with the fact that I was fairly lazy academic-wise on my YA, hence why I made a massive scene. In any case, I think finding the grades saved my arse. Moved up to 68% overall for Avignon thanks to the missing mark being 16/20 and worth 9 ECTS.
Reply 2202
Who isn't lazy academic wise on their YA? Did an exam this morning and got told the teacher would 'only be able to give you 25, as you didn't tell me anything I didn't already know". I don't even know where to start on that one. And my friend got chucked out a Spanish exam because the girl next to her finished early and left her paper on the desk, so 'obviously' my friend had copied her...
quote and reply thanks
Can anyone help? I'm looking for somewhere to live for 6-8 weeks this summer in London. Does anyone know if UCL accommodation offers residences or residences with work (such as cleaning or office work)? Or even youth hostels that allow long stay? Am looking for somewhere under 130 a week.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Can anyone help? I'm looking for somewhere to live for 6-8 weeks this summer in London. Does anyone know if UCL accommodation offers residences or residences with work (such as cleaning or office work)? Or even youth hostels that allow long stay? Am looking for somewhere under 130 a week.

Demand might well be unbearably high for that sort of thing because of the Olympics/Paralympics. And unfortunately UCL Residences seem to be cashing in on it, minimum prpn rate is £31. Short lets are going for outrageous prices as well. Either way if you haven't got a room for the summer already you'll probably fall victim to the price hikes :frown:
Reply 2206
Original post by Noodlzzz

I'm staying in Schafer for 4 nights in July and that cost me around £112.
I booked it a few weeks ago and availability was shockingly low so they may have sold out. Some of the more expensive halls still had rooms but my priority was just staying really close to UCL as I'm working here and saving money and transport time during the olympic time.

You can get short lets though the accommodation office at a lower rate (minimum stay is 4 weeks so you'll be okay) but it's done through a ballot I think and not guaranteed as they're trying to cash in on the tourists.

It's work calling up and asking

Looking at your budget I doubt you'll find anywhere for that price but it's worth calling to ask.
Worst ways out you can always try to sublet from somebody - a lot of people have empty houses over this summer
Original post by sundogs
I'm staying in Schafer for 4 nights in July and that cost me around £112.
I booked it a few weeks ago and availability was shockingly low so they may have sold out. Some of the more expensive halls still had rooms but my priority was just staying really close to UCL as I'm working here and saving money and transport time during the olympic time.

You can get short lets though the accommodation office at a lower rate (minimum stay is 4 weeks so you'll be okay) but it's done through a ballot I think and not guaranteed as they're trying to cash in on the tourists.

It's work calling up and asking

Looking at your budget I doubt you'll find anywhere for that price but it's worth calling to ask.
Worst ways out you can always try to sublet from somebody - a lot of people have empty houses over this summer

Hey thanks for the advice but I managed to sublet off someone on here! :biggrin:
Reply 2208
Holy crap I've finished university :eek3:

Original post by Nichrome
Any final year students get their graduation tickets yet? They're supposed to be sent out this month, but I've not got anything, and UCL in the past have not sent me stuff they were supposed to (candidate number cards for exams being one).

You don't get the tickets sent in the mail you only pick them up on the day, but yes I've got my confirmation letter (as has a friend I spoke to).
Reply 2209
Can anybody find the new UCL Freshers page on FB?
Normally they crop up this time of year but I cannae find it!:frown:
Original post by sundogs
Can anybody find the new UCL Freshers page on FB?
Normally they crop up this time of year but I cannae find it!:frown:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-College-London-UCL-Freshers-2012-2013/222915554483065 ??
So officially First class yay!

Did anyone else get results?
Reply 2212
Original post by Couldxbe
So officially First class yay!

Did anyone else get results?

Congratulations!
Just found out that I passed-don't get my numerical marks till end of july

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2213

Thanking you!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2214
Also found out I passed but won't know the actual results till later.
So relieved after looking for my id code down the list and missing it the first three times and panicking ridiculously.
Reply 2215
So you guys don't know your classes then? Well done on passing, I guess :biggrin:

So glad I have another year before I have to think about graduation!
Original post by dawgnut
quote and reply thanks

Nice to see you are still alive and kicking.....:smile:
I passed first year exams :smile: . How?, god only knows - cos I needed a miracle.

Oh well, I just have to wait to find out what the actual exams results are next month. Somehow, I don't think the marks are going to be very good. Or even half decent. Actually, i'd be amazed if any of them are above totally-crap-but-still-scraped-40%
Reply 2218
Where can we find out whether we passed or not?
Oh dear, getting participants for my research project for Google is hard. I honestly thought more people would be interested in 50 easy quid. Meh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending