Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Will they notify us when the results appear there?
    I got an e-mail saying they were up, on the day they were up on portico.

I guess every department is different...

ReputationRep:
    I've just learnt that Arabic results have been displayed at Language Centre for a good month. I don't know whether to cry or laugh - the result is out, but I have no chance to access it! I emailed Language Centre about this, but I'm not sure if they will tell me the result if I give them my candidate number...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcl)
    Your department/tutors should have your results and should be able to give them to you. Have you tried emailing your personal tutor?
    He's gone to teach at a different uni. Still, would they give me my results just because I ask out of curiosity? If so, it doesn't really make sense why they publish them so late unless it's because of double checking/approval issues.

ReputationRep:
    :congrats: UCL French dept.

Forward a job advert only to people ineligible for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilys)
    He's gone to teach at a different uni. Still, would they give me my results just because I ask out of curiosity? If so, it doesn't really make sense why they publish them so late unless it's because of double checking/approval issues.
    They're provisional results that you're given.

Mine didn't change last year.... I doubt they'll change much if at all to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    here I hate provisional results. One module. 100% assessed essay. 50% per essay. Did crap. Marks from lecturer as first marker 68 and 66. Provisional mark from SELCS people is way less than the mean of 66 and 68. Not that it matters anyway, but still.

ReputationRep:
    In my first year, only the best 3.0 course units count. If I apply for an internship or a scholaship and they ask me for my first year average, do I have to write down the overall average or only the average that counts? I could probably get away with writing down a classification (1st/2.1/2.2/3rd) as it's the same whichever way I apply to this, but I'm just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    In my first year, only the best 3.0 course units count. If I apply for an internship or a scholaship and they ask me for my first year average, do I have to write down the overall average or only the average that counts? I could probably get away with writing down a classification (1st/2.1/2.2/3rd) as it's the same whichever way I apply to this, but I'm just wondering.
    May as well do whatever suits you best. If no exam marks are asked for, don't tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcl)
    They're provisional results that you're given.

Mine didn't change last year.... I doubt they'll change much if at all to be honest.
    Oh good, I was worried that my portico results will not match my provisional results!

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar problem (only best 1.0 module result from the first year counts) and ended up using that mark as my overall mark for the first year; if someone objects you can always explain that the rest doesnt really count towards your final mark.

Hows UCL? Pros and cons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Hows UCL? Pros and cons?
    Pros, we have an amazing chat thread that current students can chat in.

Cons, it seems to be infiltrated 24-7 by prospective students that miss the question thread.

(Original post by rockrunride)
    Pros, we have an amazing chat thread that current students can chat in.

Cons, it seems to be infiltrated 24-7 by prospective students that miss the question thread.
    lol as in, IN the uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    lol as in, IN the uni!
    Cons? Eh, it seems we're a little too subtle in our humour for you.

Actually, went to a party once and a guy there spent half the time taking the piss out of UCL students for our sarcasm and meta humour and generally being hipsters... in his thick rimmed glasses... and plaid shirt...

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what information does the enrollment message includes and when probably I will get it if my application becomes unconditional just today?

I've just learnt that Arabic results have been displayed at Language Centre for a good month. I don't know whether to cry or laugh - the result is out, but I have no chance to access it! I emailed Language Centre about this, but I'm not sure if they will tell me the result if I give them my candidate number...
    I can go look for you if you want.
    Oh hi it's naomi from core course, by the way. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nb0)
    I can go look for you if you want.
    Oh hi it's naomi from core course, by the way. :rolleyes:
    Hello!! How are you? You actually don't need to as I've already learnt them Thank God that the first year's over forever now, these exams were so exhausting...

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what information does the enrollment message includes and when probably I will get it if my application becomes unconditional just today?

Hello!! How are you? You actually don't need to as I've already learnt them Thank God that the first year's over forever now, these exams were so exhausting...
    Yo. I still dont know my russian results. Im terrified. I miss uni. I want it back

when oh when will next year's timetable be released, when oh when can i bloody well register for modules, when oh when will portico results go up

I can't get a job without knowing my timetable, I can't get an internship without knowing my timetable, I can't do jack ****. I HATE SUMMER i just wanna get back to uni

oh **** i'm guna be a phd student aren't i
    i can't cope without learning

gaaaaaaaaaaaah stupidrant

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.