Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah I just got my first module result on Portico! It's weird that they come in batches, though: in the past 2 years it was all of them at the same time! Anyone with a similar problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilys)
    Aaaah I just got my first module result on Portico! It's weird that they come in batches, though: in the past 2 years it was all of them at the same time! Anyone with a similar problem?
    Yep. Three modules out of five are there for me.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, first not a UCL student myself, but could anyone possibly point me towards any Computer Science students (past/present) they may know? Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I can't log into portico, arrrghgghgh

ReputationRep:
    Me neither. Though I know my results. Did a lot worse than I thought I had, most notably a 53 in French Oral, but after getting a 2:1, if only I had a toss to give!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Me neither. Though I know my results. Did a lot worse than I thought I had, most notably a 53 in French Oral, but after getting a 2:1, if only I had a toss to give!
    I already know my provisional results, I'm just being anal! Congrats on your 2:1 btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoannaMilano)
    (It's Lizia here. I'm a ******** and forgot my password, and apparently I signed up with an email that isn't either of the two I've been using for the past three years).

Isn't French Oral always an evilly low mark anyway? It seems like everyone I know gets pretty low marks in French Oral/Grammar compared to everything else.

Half of my YA courses are showing up as "Late Assessment". Does that mean Portico thinks I've submitted them late, or SELCS have asked for an extension before they have to give a mark? Half the paperwork isn't due in until August anyway, so I assume the latter...

It is so hard to motivate myself to give any attention to my YA project. I've been out of Italy for two months now and my assessment isn't for another two...
    Yup. I've officially never got anything over 59 in either. This is after producing solid 2:1 grades throughout the whole year for Use of French and pretty much believing that the exam went well. Got 59 in the end. Averaged 59.53 overall for the whole course taking in the 1/3/5/5 weighting, so it's epic scrapeage.

SELCS don't submit the grades to Registry before around December I think.. it takes months of deliberation to translate the marks! I take it you now have to prepare an oral exam and the entire YA mark will rest upon that?!

ReputationRep:
    We can't register our modules for next year yet, can we?

I'm paranoid, cos I've gone working abroad for 2 months and conveniently forgot all the info and what modules I've chosen!

ReputationRep:
    if I leave UCL, do I count as a proper alumnus and get to be part of that cool club of alumni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    if I leave UCL, do I count as a proper alumnus and get to be part of that cool club of alumni?
    Also, when you finish your course, don't you have to actually join this grad club/network whatevs to be a part of it? I mean, I don't think it happens automatically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoannaMilano)
    As in leave before you finish the course? I don't think so, I think alumni are only graduates.

Are you thinking of dropping out, then?
    More, I've thought of it, and the only thing left to do is fill out the withdrawal of study form. Today I got the last bit of confirmation-y stuff from my new uni so there's no more "I'll wait and see what they say before really doing it" kind of thing.

Keeping my student ID though, so I can pop into the bar on Gordon Street if I'm ever in the need of some nostalgia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilys)
    Also, when you finish your course, don't you have to actually join this grad club/network whatevs to be a part of it? I mean, I don't think it happens automatically.
    I dunno. You do have to register for the Alumni benefits card though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    A friend dropped out after a term and is counted as an alumni, even gets emails and letters etc. don't worry, you'll be a part of the club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffee-spoons)
    A friend dropped out after a term and is counted as an alumni, even gets emails and letters etc. don't worry, you'll be a part of the club
    it's all I want:moon:

I came across a load of alumni magazines at work last week, and thought, I want them too!

Did your friend get any sort of certificate/recognition from UCL

(I'm pretty sure Kele Okereke dropped out of KCL early, and he still has his window alongside the other alumni at the Strand building)

ReputationRep:
    Upon re-enrolment, what should I do if I don't know where I'll be living during term time (and won't know it until late August or September)? The system doesn't let me go further unless I fill in the column Future Address and ticking the option that I don't know my current address but will provide it later doesn't help. Can I just put there UCL address and change it afterwards? Otherwise I won't be able to register for modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Upon re-enrolment, what should I do if I don't know where I'll be living during term time (and won't know it until late August or September)? The system doesn't let me go further unless I fill in the column Future Address and ticking the option that I don't know my current address but will provide it later doesn't help. Can I just put there UCL address and change it afterwards? Otherwise I won't be able to register for modules.
    I was in the same situation and decided to just tick the box 'this adress is correct' or sth even though it referred to my previous term-time adress. You can change it later, even after you enrol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilys)
    I was in the same situation and decided to just tick the box 'this adress is correct' or sth even though it referred to my previous term-time adress. You can change it later, even after you enrol.
    Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well, it seems that my second language module clashes with another two of mine. Why can't UCL publish ALL the timetables prior to pre-registration at SELCS?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Do we have to repay for soc memberships?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Do we have to repay for soc memberships?
    Yep, you're not automatically a member. Societies need the money again :p:

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.