The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
Original post by PJ991
Same here.:wink: I didn't get any ELCS modules of my choice. Then one of them was cancelled and replaced with another, even worse one. Worst of all we weren't allowed the chance of picking another that possibly still had space. We just had to do it.

The rules on outside options seemed to change last year. In my first year, it was easy to do, and I did 1.0 CU in SSEES. Then for second year, you had to go get approval.

(Just realised I never replied. The latter is correct, you won't owe UCL anything)

Oh, thanks :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by dawgnut
quote and reply thanks

:eek:.... YOU STILL AROUND
Anyone here applied for year abroad whilst doing a Mathematics degree?
Looking forward to graduation now!

Anyone know where we can find our numerical average, for our final grade, or do we have to work it out ourselves?

Kathryn
Reply 2344
Guys, could you help me please? I need to choose an ELCS module for term 2, something easy and asking for little effort to put in. I'd also appreciate if I agreed with the lecturer on important issues (political correctness is bad, etc.) Here's the list: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/selcs/elcs/elcs-intermediate-1213. Catherine told me to prepare a list of 4-5 choices, but I've only found two that I'd be interested in (ELCS6040 and ELCS6051).

Due to timetable restrictions, I can't take ELCS6003, ELCS6011, ELCS6028, ELCS6031, ELCS6042, ELCS6046, ELCS6054, ELCS6055, ELCS6058, and ELCS6064.

PS: Don't go to SELCS. Seriously.
Original post by Couldxbe
Looking forward to graduation now!

Anyone know where we can find our numerical average, for our final grade, or do we have to work it out ourselves?

Kathryn

I'm looking forward to it too now...it HAS been a year in waiting.

Portico doesn't say, and neither does your transcript...I think I was only told it in an email from my tutor. I guess you're just gonna have to work it out yourself!
Original post by Nichrome
I'm looking forward to it too now...it HAS been a year in waiting.

Portico doesn't say, and neither does your transcript...I think I was only told it in an email from my tutor. I guess you're just gonna have to work it out yourself!

Yes, hmm. I could ask my personal tutor I guess. I had some extenuating circumstances, so my avg may not correspond to what I work out.
Reply 2347
I graduate today omfg
Original post by paddy
I graduate today omfg

Dunnit already :sexface:
Reply 2349
Original post by rockrunride
Dunnit already :sexface:

Ain't nobody done it like me :sexface:
Original post by paddy
Ain't nobody done it like me :sexface:

Congrats. What next for you? I've signed on. Not exactly the highest of benchmarks to set.
Reply 2351
Original post by rockrunride
Congrats. What next for you? I've signed on. Not exactly the highest of benchmarks to set.

Well I'm still working in Banana Republic, my plan is to wait til they promote me, then apply to every Reiss in London so I can abuse its staff discount :teeth:

Then who knows :iiam:
Reply 2352
Original post by Ivanka
Guys, could you help me please? I need to choose an ELCS module for term 2, something easy and asking for little effort to put in. I'd also appreciate if I agreed with the lecturer on important issues (political correctness is bad, etc.) Here's the list: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/selcs/elcs/elcs-intermediate-1213. Catherine told me to prepare a list of 4-5 choices, but I've only found two that I'd be interested in (ELCS6040 and ELCS6051).

Due to timetable restrictions, I can't take ELCS6003, ELCS6011, ELCS6028, ELCS6031, ELCS6042, ELCS6046, ELCS6054, ELCS6055, ELCS6058, and ELCS6064.

PS: Don't go to SELCS. Seriously.

well my instinct would be to take faust, because i'm like totally in love with faust omgomg marry me all the versions lllllove it.

but surely take the migrant film one because federica teaches it aaaand it's not an exam

i think i heard someone say the image in european culture is easy but i could be confusing it with something else

why are you taking one in term 2 only? can it not be term 1? do cryptographs with me! *cool person*
Reply 2353
Original post by nb0
well my instinct would be to take faust, because i'm like totally in love with faust omgomg marry me all the versions lllllove it.

but surely take the migrant film one because federica teaches it aaaand it's not an exam

i think i heard someone say the image in european culture is easy but i could be confusing it with something else

why are you taking one in term 2 only? can it not be term 1? do cryptographs with me! *cool person*

The problem is that I'm doing two essayish subjects in term 1 and I don't wanna be unnecessarily overloaded with work. Hence Term 2 subjects.

Well, I actually ended up with the European thought one, hopefully it'll be fine.
So what's up with freshers being changed to 'welcome events' :confused:
Reply 2355
Original post by Noodlzzz

I've read somewhere (probably on TSR) that it is supposed to minimize the connection with binge drinking. Dont get how, though.
Original post by lilys
I've read somewhere (probably on TSR) that it is supposed to minimize the connection with binge drinking. Dont get how, though.

Because welcome meeting sounds like a jolly good get together over a cup of tea? Whatever the reason, it's a seriously lame name.
Reply 2357
Because welcome meeting sounds like a jolly good get together over a cup of tea? Whatever the reason, it's a seriously lame name.

Highly likely but whenever I use the the name (writing/speech) I feel as if I was talking about sth extremely embarassing, so much so that it needed another word to cover its real meaning. Odd, but true :smile:
Reply 2358
Original post by JoannaMilano
I heard the Fresher's Fair was changed to Welcome Fair to emphasise that it wasn't just aimed at freshers, but everyone. I assume that's to encourage people to sign up for societies there, since I know non-freshers have never had an issue with going to load up of free stuff...

Ok, this makes a bit more sense, thanks!

sorry to but in but they appear to be doing it at a lot of unis, not just UCL, my uni (UEA) renamed the week welcome week and ive seen it at a few others as well. my uni said it was so that it didn't put non drinkers off.

Quick Reply

Latest