Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    You can get a statement of student status from the Student Centre/Registry that says your a student at UCL for 2012/13 and they emboss it with a stamp and sign it. It was just a generic thing and they didn't ask why I needed it. I used to show Islington council that I don't need to pay council tax.

Surely it would work?

Also, I think you've used a different link?
    Thanks. You're right about the link, I had a few tabs open and was copying more links and that's how it went apparently (Have a look at it anyway though, guys, it's Stalin's view on linguistics - it's a good laugh )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    If it helps anyone to know this, I just had a look at my bank account details and I got my bursary last year on Oct 17th, and the year before on the 18th. Not long to go!

Just to confirm, people on their year abroad still get bursaries, right?
    Yep, and double in final year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Yep, and double in final year.
    That's great. My mum's wage as gone up so my bursary will halve next year, but the fact that they double it will mean it's the same as usual

Any idea why they do that though, considering we still get it this year?

ReputationRep:
    rawrrrrrr i really want to get involved in so many things this term but i'm too old now!

ReputationRep:
    When I and my classmate finished our class, we went downstairs in the SSEES building and she said to me, "See you next time in Crucifix!"

(I've never realised Cruciform and Cricifix sound alike.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    When I and my classmate finished our class, we went downstairs in the SSEES building and she said to me, "See you next time in Crucifix!"

(I've never realised Cruciform and Cricifix sound alike.)
    Ah nice was that a joke on her part or is she a fresher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilys)
    Ah nice was that a joke on her part or is she a fresher?
    She's a fresher

ReputationRep:
    also my first class is a grad/3rd year seminar and it had 30 people and only 12 table spaces. wooooo 4th in the world yeahhhh brilliant..............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoannaMilano)
    Double bursary in final year is a (wonderful) joke. Thanks to my parents finally divorcing, I'm getting almost as much from UCL as from the govt!

Also, anyone wondering about bursary letters...Despite complying with UCL's pestering and updating my main address to my London one, they still sent the bursary letter to my parents house. So that's probably where yours are, if you haven't got them yet.
    OK I'll ask my mum. Did they give dates?

ReputationRep:
    I saw Malcolm Grant for the first ever time yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    I saw Malcolm Grant for the first ever time yesterday.
    Oh, that's amazing, I didn't know he really exists! </irony> Where did you see him?

On an unrelated note, my enrolment is still time-limited according to Portico :rolleyes: I looked up my account at SLC and found out my payment would be paid on 17 October. Quite funny given the fact that UCL sends out warning emails a fortnight before 31 October to those who haven't paid yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Oh, that's amazing, I didn't know he really exists! </irony> Where did you see him?

On an unrelated note, my enrolment is still time-limited according to Portico :rolleyes: I looked up my account at SLC and found out my payment would be paid on 17 October. Quite funny given the fact that UCL sends out warning emails a fortnight before 31 October to those who haven't paid yet.
    Yeh I saw that, my date is 17th Oct too. Presume it's the same for everybody?

ReputationRep:
    I know. He was always like some mythical being.

He was walking up the driveway thing that leads to Gordon Street. Maybe on his way home, since it was quite late in the afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone recommend me a place which is cheap (but decent) to get a haircut? Close to UCL of course...

ReputationRep:
    Where can I get free condoms on campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    in the GP surgery on Gower Place.

ReputationRep:
    Your avatar says "Jesus changed my life"

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    Your avatar says "Jesus changed my life"

:rolleyes:
    Well, Catholic Church now allows the use of condoms if you're married to someone with HIV... So this is not neccessarily hypocrisy

ReputationRep:
    Come to the union - we have a huge open jar of them on the reception desk..I work there a few hours a week and seeing people's nerves when they take one or two is wonderful.

I wander to this parts to ask a question of my own - is anyone applying for an MA at UCL. It's a massive pain to have to go through the big application process when I'm applying to my own department...it would probably be less paperwork for all parties for me to knock an an office door and hand in my personal statement and grades.

Any idea how long I can expect to wait? References were uploaded on the 28th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilys)
    Well, Catholic Church now allows the use of condoms if you're married to someone with HIV... So this is not neccessarily hypocrisy
    Haha,really?! Never would have guessed that with my latest visit to Dulin :P

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.