Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh, very final exam next Tuesday and my life at UCL will be over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoannaMilano)
    Do you know anything about the job market at the moment? Six month unpaid internships are hardly uncommon these days. It's abuse and exploitation, but it has nothing to do with 'old Jewish and money stereotypes', you massive ********.
    Well, all my internships were either paid or had a stipend and none of them required me to be there for six months so excuse me. Worst of all, the internship doesn't even say anything about a potential job offer afterwards.

Do you know anything about the job market at the moment? Six month unpaid internships are hardly uncommon these days. It's abuse and exploitation, but it has nothing to do with 'old Jewish and money stereotypes', you massive ********.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, because clearly the important thing to defend yourself against was my accusation that you don't know how the working world works...
    No; I was just saying that your idea of an internship is more like work exploitation than 'internship' and you should try to find something better. Don't act so defensive, I didn't mean to offend you.

ReputationRep:
    I've got Claire L. as a YA coursework supervisor. Has anyone got any experience with her? I've only seen her once in a public research seminar and that's it.

...which reminds me that I should definitely decide what the topic of my coursework will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    I've got Claire L. as a YA coursework supervisor. Has anyone got any experience with her? I've only seen her once in a public research seminar and that's it.

...which reminds me that I should definitely decide what the topic of my coursework will be
    She has a lovely pair of feet.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    First essay-based exam in my life over. Thank God it's only 60% of the whole grade, gives me hope that even if I completely screwed it, the essay will make up for that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So I'm confused, who is the greek/spanish whatever lady?

ReputationRep:
    This year's summer ball was crap.

ReputationRep:
    Haha wasn't it like that every year though?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad I didn't go. First year was fun only because I was with a great group of people - still felt it was overpriced. Last year was AWFUL - so boring and wished I'd sold my ticket. Saved myself 40 pounds this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilys)
    Haha wasn't it like that every year though?
    Don't know, went there for the first time.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I visited the ucl area the students looked so happy

It was like the scene out of FAME where all the students are dancing in the street

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by diggy)
    Last time I visited the ucl area the students looked so happy

It was like the scene out of FAME where all the students are dancing in the street

Posted from TSR Mobile
    natch

obvs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nb0)
    obvs
    You finished uni yet?

(Original post by rockrunride)
    You finished uni yet?
    2 years left dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nb0)
    2 years left dude
    Cool, you changed ofc. You must be going abroad next year then dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    So I'm confused, who is the greek/spanish whatever lady?
    She walks around UCL's campus and TCR. She followed me out of Burger King near Oxford Street in the early hours of the morning once..

(Original post by rockrunride)
    Cool, you changed ofc. You must be going abroad next year then dude.
    affirmative duuuuuude.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.