Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Gales)
    She walks around UCL's campus and TCR. She followed me out of Burger King near Oxford Street in the early hours of the morning once..
    what who is this

ReputationRep:
    my friend fell victim to her in the cloisters. he wrote a letter to the council about her mother for her.

ReputationRep:
    As for counting mark average: Do 0.5 modules have the same value as the 1.0 ones?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh results day! Oh my

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundogs)
    Ahhhh results day! Oh my
    I've seen facebook posts like this all day. These must be provisional ones from your dept?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundogs)
    Ahhhh results day! Oh my
    So lucky. Gotta wait till the frickin 8th of July

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcl)
    I've seen facebook posts like this all day. These must be provisional ones from your dept?
    Yep - provisional degree classes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoannaMilano)
    Us SELCS-ers don't get them until the 28th
    Least you get a firm date, last year they were released on the internet around then, but we weren't given a date, we were just told on the spot by email. I was moving out of my house on 1 July and my internet contract ran out on the 20 June. I basically walked up to college, heart in mouth, went to the Spanish common room, switched my laptop on, and found out half an hour later. First person I told was one of the professors in the Spanish department :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Least you get a firm date, last year they were released on the internet around then, but we weren't given a date, we were just told on the spot by email. I was moving out of my house on 1 July and my internet contract ran out on the 20 June. I basically walked up to college, heart in mouth, went to the Spanish common room, switched my laptop on, and found out half an hour later. First person I told was one of the professors in the Spanish department :lol:
    PRSOM!

ReputationRep:
    the rest of my department (i changed to a slightly different degree from them bc i didnt do a year abroad) got their provisional results on friday, which i found out about through fb. no one even bothered telling me when i might get mine. no reply to my email. UCL can **** off.

ReputationRep:
    (Not sure if this is allowed here) I've got a room available in my flat. It's on Camden High Street, 10-15 minute walk from UCL. Inbox me for more information, photos if you are interested.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here do economics? Of any ucl student can answer, computer or laptop? I'm going to study here in September and wondered if the portability of a laptop is needed? ( I'm not bothered about transport issues when travelling home)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    Does anyone here do economics? Of any ucl student can answer, computer or laptop? I'm going to study here in September and wondered if the portability of a laptop is needed? ( I'm not bothered about transport issues when travelling home)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't need a laptop - there are enough computer clusters around that you can find a computer somewhere.

You might find one useful to have around, but I've brought my laptop into uni maybe twice in the three years I've been at UCL. I take notes by hand and go to a cluster if I need to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcl)
    You don't need a laptop - there are enough computer clusters around that you can find a computer somewhere.

You might find one useful to have around, but I've brought my laptop into uni maybe twice in the three years I've been at UCL. I take notes by hand and go to a cluster if I need to work.
    id much rather have my own computer/laptop, just considering which one is better , as im on a budget and know i can get a better spec pc than laptop at the same price. only plus about a laptop for me is portability which im trying to find out if i need at ucl

ReputationRep:
    WTH is going on with my year abroad? I've received an email from UCL telling me that I didn't pre-enroll on time at the uni I'll attend. I was like, "How come?", phoned back and explained that I completed it well on time, was advised to contact the uni and so I send them an email with my application attached to show them I did stuff on time. Hopefully it won't jeopardise my studies.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but when exactly are we supposed to get provisional results? we haven't been told, but other degree programmes in my division have had theirs and they have a lot of the same modules, so obviously the results are ready.

They said we were supposed to find out pass/fail before the end of June but that's all. Can anyone clarify? (Biomedical sciences first year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rougelipstick)
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but when exactly are we supposed to get provisional results? we haven't been told, but other degree programmes in my division have had theirs and they have a lot of the same modules, so obviously the results are ready.

They said we were supposed to find out pass/fail before the end of June but that's all. Can anyone clarify? (Biomedical sciences first year)
    Check your department's website and email. Should be there. If not, then hound them.

ReputationRep:

Depends on your department's exam board, and if you've taken any modules outside of your home department and when their exam board is.

I imagine most of the provisional results are done by now, depending how your parent department releases the results, there may be a board (like Chemistry post all the results in the Ingold building board) or you may need to email your tutor/department for your results.

ReputationRep:

It depends on your department's policy - we received an e-mail yesterday telling us that the provisional results will be available as of 28 June, but we'll have to e-mail one person with a reason to access them. It's pretty strange, given the fact we were sent the results a year ago automatically.

At SELCS, people are e-mailed if they fail an exam, as far as I know, or at least that's how it worked a year ago. I think they would have let you know by now if you had failed an exam, but that's just my guess.

ReputationRep:
    Any final classifications out yet? Fingers crossed

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.