loool No. That would be awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ade9000)
    loool No. That would be awful
    lool Only thought that as workload is comparable to medicine ...apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoBoAlpha)
    lool Only thought that as workload is comparable to medicine ...apparently
    Loool yeah it is. I remember some of my mates who live with 1st year medics and we had more deadlines than they did.

I guarantee by the 3rd week of uni, you'll be swamped with work.

ReputationRep:
    Loool yeah it is. I remember some of my mates who live with 1st year medics and we had more deadlines than they did.

Lol hope its basic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoannaMilano)
    This is the Current students thread. There's a separate one for applicants to ask questions, or you could PM people.

This thread used to get ovverun with applicant enquiries which is the whole reason the other thread was created.
    Lol snap. Sorry bout that. Should've known.

ReputationRep:
    SELCS are a bloody joke.

We were told our classifications would be up today, but still nothing at 12.30pm.
    Our module results are sitting in Novella's files, but we can only get them today if we can "prove we need them", otherwise we have to wait until July.

It's just bloody ridiculous. If the results are there, how on earth can they justify not just giving them out to everyone, and make us jump through yet another silly hoop to get what everyone else got weeks ago?
    Last year they came out at about 4.15 pm on an online password protected page (albeit on the 21st), maybe hold out for later on today?

Best of luck :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    SELCS are a bloody joke.

We were told our classifications would be up today, but still nothing at 12.30pm.
    Our module results are sitting in Novella's files, but we can only get them today if we can "prove we need them", otherwise we have to wait until July.

It's just bloody ridiculous. If the results are there, how on earth can they justify not just giving them out to everyone, and make us jump through yet another silly hoop to get what everyone else got weeks ago?
    Wow. That's just rude.

ReputationRep:

Lol hope its basic.

like a lot of maths and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoBoAlpha)
    Lol hope its basic.

like a lot of maths and stuff
    PM me is you have anymore queries

ReputationRep:
    I know! Apparently someone just called her and asked about what time the results would be, and she just laughed and wouldn't answer.
    Mugged off. We're kinda on the same boat. My department have already finalised our results but the departmental tutor is being lazy and not sending them out.

Is this really UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, it's standard UCL. Although I have to say, we've never actually had our results held hostage before, they've just been incredibly slow about sorting them out. Or this year they've just been dumb enough to admit they're actively choosing to deny us the results.

Hope you get yours soon, is this final year results?
    That's really sad. The only reason I know the department is holding our results is because we share modules with Biochem Eng folks and they've got grades (not much but it's still something!).

Nah. I'm in 2nd year. Hopefully the folks do what they did last year and email them to us a couple days earlier of when they throw them up the departmental board. You in your final?

ReputationRep:
    It's so silly they can just withhold them like that.

They just put the classifications up after about twenty people constantly called and emailed. 2.1
    Well done! :cracker: :party:

ReputationRep:
    It's so silly they can just withhold them like that.

They just put the classifications up after about twenty people constantly called and emailed. 2.1
    Woop! Congratulations!!!!

(Original post by Ivanka)
    It depends on your department's policy - we received an e-mail yesterday telling us that the provisional results will be available as of 28 June, but we'll have to e-mail one person with a reason to access them. It's pretty strange, given the fact we were sent the results a year ago automatically.

At SELCS, people are e-mailed if they fail an exam, as far as I know, or at least that's how it worked a year ago. I think they would have let you know by now if you had failed an exam, but that's just my guess.
    wait what so we don't get results unless we email to someone? i never got this email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nb0)
    wait what so we don't get results unless we email to someone? i never got this email?
    It's written on Moodle, I get e-mail notifications... You have to e-mail Novella. I can send you instructions if you want.

However, I realised today that we have to e-mail her AFTER 28 June, but I don't think she'll be available over the weekend. Maybe on Monday then? So screwed.

It's written on Moodle, I get e-mail notifications... You have to e-mail Novella. I can send you instructions if you want.

However, I realised today that we have to e-mail her AFTER 28 June, but I don't think she'll be available over the weekend. Maybe on Monday then? So screwed.
    so let me get this clear.
    we, 2nd year students, will not be told how we did in our exams this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nb0)
    so let me get this clear.
    we, 2nd year students, will not be told how we did in our exams this year.
    If you have a valid reason, you will. I sent her an e-mail and now I'm waiting for Novella's response, but it's hard to tell whether she'll accept my reason.

If this fails, we'll learn our results in late July. To be honest, I'm quite used to this, I learnt my Arabic results in July last year as well (after my own firm convincement that I had failed), but I still detest such situation. Even SSEES won't publish the results until late July.

If you have a valid reason, you will. I sent her an e-mail and now I'm waiting for Novella's response, but it's hard to tell whether she'll accept my reason.

If this fails, we'll learn our results in late July. To be honest, I'm quite used to this, I learnt my Arabic results in July last year as well (after my own firm convincement that I had failed), but I still detest such situation. Even SSEES won't publish the results until late July.
    oh.
    bleurgh.

thank you for confirming.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    As a SELCS student reading through the last few pages I'm glad it's not only me that found the "don't bother us and you can only have your results if it's life/death" email to be irritating. Just had a quick question though. I'm (was) a first year this year so the first week of term 1 was obviously occupied with "Freshers Week". I was just wondering whether for second years the published start date is when teaching actually starts or whether there's a nice week of 'faffing around' before I'm expected to turn up to stuff etc.
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.