Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stammer)
    Hi everyone,
    As a SELCS student reading through the last few pages I'm glad it's not only me that found the "don't bother us and you can only have your results if it's life/death" email to be irritating. Just had a quick question though. I'm (was) a first year this year so the first week of term 1 was obviously occupied with "Freshers Week". I was just wondering whether for second years the published start date is when teaching actually starts or whether there's a nice week of 'faffing around' before I'm expected to turn up to stuff etc.
    Thanks!
    Here is the info on term dates through out the year. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/staff/term-dates/2013-2014

And usually it's the first week of term when you go 'faffing around' (:teehee:). But if you check the timetable website around September, then you'll know when you actually start term

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stammer)
    Hi everyone,
    As a SELCS student reading through the last few pages I'm glad it's not only me that found the "don't bother us and you can only have your results if it's life/death" email to be irritating. Just had a quick question though. I'm (was) a first year this year so the first week of term 1 was obviously occupied with "Freshers Week". I was just wondering whether for second years the published start date is when teaching actually starts or whether there's a nice week of 'faffing around' before I'm expected to turn up to stuff etc.
    Thanks!
    One or two registration meetings, but no teaching until the week after Freshers.

ReputationRep:
    Got my results for 2nd year. 2:1

ReputationRep:
    Just got my provisional results. Thank God!

ReputationRep:
    Fed up of waiting for results, SELCS are so useless!

ReputationRep:
    UCL admissions seems to have confirmed my grades with somewhere else in UCL.

It means I got at least a 2:1 overall, though I still don't have a clue what my actual module marks are for third year are yet.

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that results for SSEES will be out at the end of July? I wish I was more patient :/

ReputationRep:
    Wow. People still haven't got their results.

UCL is being disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shake_it)
    Is it true that results for SSEES will be out at the end of July? I wish I was more patient :/
    I think that Portico results should be released at some point in the second half of July, so either it will overrun SSEES or everything will be out at the end of the month...

Strangely, I did a module at SSEES and my provisional results include it! It's saddening to see some departments hiding students' results

ReputationRep:
    **** me SELCS, old habits die hard it seems. And now it's 9 grand. No excuses.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Is the library open?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Is the library open?
    Do you have to be a student to access the library ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)

It should be open 24 hours a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)

You need a student ID. There's always someone from security, but I don't know if they let in random people...

ReputationRep:
    HEAR transcript email again!

TBH I don't think I want my involvement in a society to be included in the transcript (because I'm from the old school and believe that transcripts should be as formal as possible), but I'll have to ponder it. I actually didn't do much over the year and I think I've done more worthwhile activities (this doesn't mean I don't like the society, but I felt I didn't do anything valuable, I just had a position and didn't have to do practically anything), but, unfortunately, if I wanted anything else to be included, I'd have to undergo an upsetting load of bureaucracy.

ReputationRep:
    please are there any UCL (MSC Biomedical science) students on this forum? i need to chat and ask questions...

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know when results are likely to be confirmed on portico? According to the internet the board of examiners met on the 2nd July...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundogs)
    Does anybody know when results are likely to be confirmed on portico? According to the internet the board of examiners met on the 2nd July...
    Usually late July or early August

from selcs moodle

Important dates for session 2012-13:

22 - 25 April : SELCS oral examinations (see timetable underneath for all years and all languages)

24 April : start of the undergraduate examination period

24 May : end of the undergraduate examination period

5 June: SELCS Extenuating Circumstances meeting

11 June : SELCS Undergraduate Board of Examiners meeting

21 June: undergraduate marks confirmed in Portico

1 July: undergraduate awards confirmed in Portico

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    My results have appeared on portico.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.