Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I cannot do this. I literally cannot understand how I am going to learn this old english stuff off by heart. Not fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    Who is the guy with a pony tail who sometimes studies in Scandanavian Studies and is on TSR? I saw him (you, if you're reading this) in TSR in the Main Library computer cluster.
    Why are you stalking me? :hmmm:

And... IT'S MY GOD DAMNIT LIBRARY. ALL YOU NON SCANDINAVIAN STUDENTS GET OUT! Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenheroes)
    anyone for the summer ball? £40 is a bit steep but looks wile fun.
    ALLOW, UCL nights are so poor, not been on one since this years freshers, any group that think Roxy/Moonies are worth going to are one I wanna stay clear of

The Library is ridiculous now by the way, I got there at half 8 in the morning the other day and there were no seats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    Who is the guy with a pony tail who sometimes studies in Scandanavian Studies and is on TSR? I saw him (you, if you're reading this) in TSR in the Main Library computer cluster.
    :wavey:

I hate working in the library. It's so oppressive. One of the wardens told a friend off for writing silent notes to the guy next to her :rolleyes:
    I work in the cloisters It's open, has more space, I can drink drinks that aren't water and I can eat ANYTHING I want! (eating is what I do when I have a break as anything else i.e. Nintendo DS distracts me too much)

My friend and I have a habit of decamping to Kings Cross St Pancras though, we always seem to end up at Le Pain Quotidien and move to Costa when Le Pain closes (Costa and Starbucks are 24 hours at Kings X :yep:).

I tried revising at normal hours but I just can't do it, so have settled into a pattern of roughly 3.00pm til about 1.00am :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoosabitmega)
    I cannot do this. I literally cannot understand how I am going to learn this old english stuff off by heart. Not fun!
    Repeat after me: 'I only need to pass this year, I only need to pass this year.' :p:

(Original post by paddy)
    I hate working in the library.
    I like to use LSE's library and deliberately deprive the smug *******s out of a seat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    Repeat after me: 'I only need to pass this year, I only need to pass this year.' :p:

So.............how easy is it to get a pass in Old English. Can it be, well, crappish?:woo: I would love to gag a certain R.North.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoosabitmega)
    So.............how easy is it to get a pass in Old English. Can it be, well, crappish?:woo: I would love to gag a certain R.North.
    Can't be any worse than Old Norse. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    The library during exams is horrific. It's such a toxic environment. On a related note, my library card expires on May 29th. I guess UCL can't wait to kick us out.

ReputationRep:
    The queue was out the door today, it's sick and wrong when students are that willing to go to the library to work, especially when half of them get a seat then leave to go and sleep somewhere, the *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    The queue was out the door today, it's sick and wrong when students are that willing to go to the library to work, especially when half of them get a seat then leave to go and sleep somewhere, the *******s.
    Sure am glad I never work in the library.

ReputationRep:
    Out of the door? wtf and yes this irritates me, you go in and everywhere is empty with the exception of books and pens there

Remember when Keane said that the prawn sandwich brigade should get evicted from their seats if they don't cheer enough, in the same way their desk should eat their work if they are gone for 15 minutes plus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Out of the door? wtf and yes this irritates me, you go in and everywhere is empty with the exception of books and pens there

Remember when Keane said that the prawn sandwich brigade should get evicted from their seats if they don't cheer enough, in the same way their desk should eat their work if they are gone for 15 minutes plus
    Aye, it stretched from the door at the top of the library stairs out of the side door before it finally opened. Sick and wrong.

Had people eating in my section of the library. I am pissed enough with having them hog my library that I was tempted enough to squeal. Couldn't be assed in the end. Yes, I am that sad, but I don't like having to lug around a huge pile of heavy books.

ReputationRep:
    It's very simple.

If there is stuff on the desk, move it. Deal with the people when they come back (which will likely be 4 hours or more, if at all). :yep:

Again, cloisters is the place to be :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    It's very simple.

If there is stuff on the desk, move it. Deal with the people when they come back (which will likely be 4 hours or more, if at all). :yep:

Again, cloisters is the place to be :smug:
    Our librarian said we could do this, yes. Anything over an hour and it can be moved. They've now got the monitors checking and timing it so they will move it themselves, heh.

Sadly, we aren't allowed to bring back the reserved seats for Scandinavian Studies students, but there you go.

ReputationRep:
    I avoid the library like the Emirates Stadium. I get silly looks in the place.

On another note, I am absolutely fuming. I get an email from the union last week saying I need to be in college for compulsory society committee training between 1-5 June. If I don't go our society risks having our freshers stall taken away.

Sod's law that I booked a flight to New York City on 1 June then, innit. ******* union.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, we aren't allowed to bring back the reserved seats for Scandinavian Studies students, but there you go.
    You snooze you lose! :p:

My first and last exam is tomorrow :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    You snooze you lose! :p:

My first and last exam is tomorrow :eek:
    DIE.

I've had 3 already, and 5 more to come between now and the 28th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    DIE.

I've had 3 already, and 5 more to come between now and the 28th
    It's because one English exam is equivalent to 8 of yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    It's because one English exam is equivalent to 8 of yours.
    :hmmm:
    So...tempted...to...neg...

It's because your department is lazy. And kills puppies. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    :hmmm:
    So...tempted...to...neg...

It's because your department is lazy. And kills puppies. :yep:
    It cause English students can't write, everyone knows that. :rolleyes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.