Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Prince of Wales Road is my bus stop! Castle Road be where I hang out, so yeah NW1. The 134 has changed drivers at Warren Street more than once for me too, fecking annoying.

Really hard to believe anything is worse than the 134. I hate it so much. I am on my way to a lecture, and (this happens at LEAST once a week) I see not one but TWO ****ing 134 buses sail right past before I make it to the stop. I then have to wait another good 15 minutes. I HATE BUSES.

One thing I hate more than buses are WOMEN WITH PRAMS. ARGH!! They think they OWN the ****ing place! It's so annoying! They NEVER fold them up when it's busy either! If I ever have children I will REFUSE using a pram, because they're ****ing inconsiderate and DANGEROUS on public transport (mainly escalators in tube stations that is dangerous but still).
    Although once I was on a bus with 2 prams already on it, and at 3 consecutive stops the driver had to refuse other women with prams. IT WAS AMAZING. They looked so pissed off, it made my day:yep:

But yeah. Public transport sucks balls.

This also naffs me off. 8.30am and irate mothers. Can't they see that it's work time as well? Once I was almost physically forced out of the way when I had some rather heavy shopping. Why should a baby take priority? I'm a person, too..

Nor do I like it when people don't stand up for themselves when they get abused. A man opened a window once upstairs on the 134, and a teenager behind him muttered something rude to him and shut it. The man frowned and relented. Why?

The worst one for me is tutting. If you disapprove, ******* voice it. I physically cannot stand it when people tut. It's pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Clearly you've either never experienced the joys of the 29 and its nighttime version, or you've erased your memory of it. The latter I wouldn't blame you for.
    i was on the N29 tonight and it was like a horrible collaboration of dizzee rascal and lily allen

ReputationRep:
    On a more positive note, UCL comes top in teh UK for law in the independent's new thingy: http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...e.htm?ipg=8727

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    This also naffs me off. 8.30am and irate mothers. Can't they see that it's work time as well? Once I was almost physically forced out of the way when I had some rather heavy shopping. Why should a baby take priority? I'm a person, too..

Nor do I like it when people don't stand up for themselves when they get abused. A man opened a window once upstairs on the 134, and a teenager behind him muttered something rude to him and shut it. The man frowned and relented. Why?

The worst one for me is tutting. If you disapprove, ******* voice it. I physically cannot stand it when people tut. It's pointless.
    I don't like the priority seats either, it irritates me that common courtesy needs to be forced on me. If I see someone who is clearly disabled i.e. on crutches then I will automatically give my seat to them, I don't have to be told:rolleyes: I don't give my seat to people with children though. They're young, they can bloody well stand:rolleyes:

OH recently I've found an excellent way to stop anyone from sitting next to you. Just start coughing lots and sniffing. I did this the other day and you could almost hear people thinking "omg swine flu"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, what annoys me is that sometimes, when I'm carrying lots of stuff, I really do need a seat as I can't really hold on to a bar with one hand when I'm carrying a lot (due to only having one hand). But do I ever get priority? No.

Able-bodied kids can bloody well stand up. They're a lot smaller too, so it's a waste of space for them to take up a seat.

ReputationRep:
    What's with all the bus hate? That said I do get the tube. One stop as well :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    What's with all the bus hate? That said I do get the tube. One stop as well :p:
    Buses are horrible is why :yes:
    Tube is only better when it's more convenient, and for me it's not. I do use the tube for work though, and both experiences have taught me that TFL is an evile*, evile ****er. :sadnod:

*they are so vile they warrent the use of evil spelt with 2 e's, a true sign of utter malevolance :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Buses are horrible is why :yes:
    Tube is only better when it's more convenient, and for me it's not. I do use the tube for work though, and both experiences have taught me that TFL is an evile*, evile ****er. :sadnod:

*they are so vile they warrent the use of evil spelt with 2 e's, a true sign of utter malevolance :yep:
    Whenever I want to go to UCl, few mins walkywalky, few mins waity in tube staiton, two mins travel, tada at UCL... pretty cool for me

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I want to go to UCl, few mins walkywalky, few mins waity in tube staiton, two mins travel, tada at UCL... pretty cool for me
    Camden Town?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Camden Town?
    King's Cross. :yep: oh yeaa

ReputationRep:
    King's Cross. :yep: oh yeaa
    Pffft you can walk from there. A lazy person would take the 73 or 390.

Lol do you know what Euston Road actually looks like on the surface? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I would take the bus for lectures from Kings X (lazy/normally late) but the tube? That's lazy even for me, and I have a season ticket :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do know what Euston Road looks like on the surface. Why would I take the bus when I can take the tube? I'm usually running late so I'd rather do it as quick as possible. Have you seen the Euston Road at 8.45? Taking the bus is SLOWER than walking!
    But yes I have a travelcard so it's not like it's costing me anything
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I prefer to get the 253 rather than the 29, it's normally more reliable and doesn't terminate at Mornington Crescent TS for no apparent reason...

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe anyone would even get a bus from King's X to UCL... let alone the tube! I guess if I had a travelcard and was walking along and a bus came I might grab it, but to live at King's X and get a travelcard to take the bus to UCL every day.... that's just lazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Couldxbe)
    I prefer to get the 253 rather than the 29, it's normally more reliable and doesn't terminate at Mornington Crescent TS for no apparent reason...
    Yeah the 253's much better than the 29 imo, although it doesn't go down Gower Street. By the way, I see you're doing chemistry... do you have the misfortune of knowing max holloway? or jimmy leach?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Yeah the 253's much better than the 29 imo, although it doesn't go down Gower Street. By the way, I see you're doing chemistry... do you have the misfortune of knowing max holloway? or jimmy leach?
    I've know of Max, but I actually know Jimmy, was in my workshops and I did a module with him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Couldxbe)
    I've know of Max, but I actually know Jimmy, was in my workshops and I did a module with him
    Ah cool I don't know where I'm going with this... I was just curious.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe anyone would even get a bus from King's X to UCL... let alone the tube! I guess if I had a travelcard and was walking along and a bus came I might grab it, but to live at King's X and get a travelcard to take the bus to UCL every day.... that's just lazy.
    No no, I just have one ok, it has nothing to do with UCL. So if you happened to have it, and you have a tendency to be late, e.g. 8 mins to get to lectures, why wouldn't one take the tube?

ReputationRep:
    On a more positive note, UCL comes top in teh UK for law in the independent's new thingy: http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...e.htm?ipg=8727
    And English. :cool:

Go us!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.