The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

had my last resit today :smile:
results in 2 weeks to decide whether i am still a current ucl student! already decided that if i don't pass i'll just drop out and do something different. don't really want to waste another year of my life.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
brokenheroes
results in 2 weeks to decide whether i am still a current ucl student! already decided that if i don't pass i'll just drop out and do something different. don't really want to waste another year of my life.

Good luck!!
brokenheroes

Good luck BH!
Reply 503
I can't find a flat till the 15th >_< I'm sharing with canadians and they don't get into the UK till then
Couldxbe
Actually, has anyone heard yet? I'm starting to worry :o:

I haven't heard yet! :frown:
blahbloo
I haven't heard yet! :frown:

Wooow, I haven't seen you on here in ages likeeee.
rockrunride
Wooow, I haven't seen you on here in ages likeeee.

I'm sorry...I guess I stopped coming onto here when I went to UCL. :p:
blahbloo
I'm sorry...I guess I stopped coming onto here when I went to UCL. :p:

Have you heard yet? Post is being sluggish here as well.
Past UCL transfer students who missed their original offer please PM me. Thanks.
rockrunride
Have you heard yet? Post is being sluggish here as well.

I haven't heard yet. I spoke to blahbloo earlier and she hasn't heard either. Trust Student Finance to take down the 'View Correspondence' tab :rolleyes:
Reply 510
paddy
I have a friend who's looking for someone to share with next year.

She's looking for a place near UCL, in the King's Cross area (yes she's a girl but she's looking for a guy because she gets on better with them, and no she most likely won't sleep with you :colonhash:).

If you're intrigued let me know, she's kind of desperate!

Philosoraptor
Well I'm currently going to live at home till I find somewhere to live or a group who are one down or something.

Any ideas? :p:

Hi

I need somewhere too, I've been let down again with people to live with >_< and want flatmates

Can you facebook me? Paddy has me raptor I can send you a link if you PM me

This is with me hoping you/your friends are still looking for a place

Oh and anyone who wants to share a flat and is not mental please pm me
Reply 511
a_t
Hi

I need somewhere too, I've been let down again with people to live with >_< and want flatmates

Can you facebook me? Paddy has me raptor I can send you a link if you PM me

This is with me hoping you/your friends are still looking for a place

Oh and anyone who wants to share a flat and is not mental please pm me

Not got any ideas, (had you asked a couple of days earlier, I knew someone one down...)

We've just been hunting as well, and tbh after traipsing around loads of estate agents, theres not much on the market for 3bed/2 + sit. So you'd be better off tagging along with a group than freshly hunting, even rooms for 2 are hideously expensive...you need to move pretty fast.

One thing you could do is look on the RUMS (medic union) website and email the incoming comms officer, peeps looking to share usually post on that bullitin - I think you need to be a member to get those, but since term hasn't started they haven't gone out properly yet, there might be someone there looking. (theres usually a few housemate searches every week) if you want to risk total strangers. Although generally medics arn't that wierd/bad :smile:
anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ViZ4X4lp6o

lol/facepalm.
Reply 513
Wangers
Not got any ideas, (had you asked a couple of days earlier, I knew someone one down...)

We've just been hunting as well, and tbh after traipsing around loads of estate agents, theres not much on the market for 3bed/2 + sit. So you'd be better off tagging along with a group than freshly hunting, even rooms for 2 are hideously expensive...you need to move pretty fast.

One thing you could do is look on the RUMS (medic union) website and email the incoming comms officer, peeps looking to share usually post on that bullitin - I think you need to be a member to get those, but since term hasn't started they haven't gone out properly yet, there might be someone there looking. (theres usually a few housemate searches every week) if you want to risk total strangers. Although generally medics arn't that wierd/bad :smile:

There's always rooms and flats in London, thats not what I'm worried about, I don't wanna share with total strangers either, like total and complete strangers but I might have to resort to it >_<

It's frustrating, there were 7 of us at the start of summer and now its just me, should've locked them in early so they couldn't live at home
Reply 514
brokenheroes
anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ViZ4X4lp6o

lol/facepalm.

:rofl:

I didn't go to a single UCL "clubbing" night through the entirety of my second year and after that I'm definitely not going to one in my third year
a_t
:rofl:

I didn't go to a single UCL "clubbing" night through the entirety of my second year and after that I'm definitely not going to one in my third year

i know, it's so cringe. the presenters are awful.

good luck on finding somewhere to live, i know some people have been having a real struggle trying to find somewhere. i'd love to live out but looking at what people are paying, i just couldn't afford it :frown: i dunno if you saw that sayuri needed a flatmate, but their rent is 775 a month! i know thats a lot more than your average, but it is still crazy.
Reply 516
brokenheroes
i know, it's so cringe. the presenters are awful.

good luck on finding somewhere to live, i know some people have been having a real struggle trying to find somewhere. i'd love to live out but looking at what people are paying, i just couldn't afford it :frown: i dunno if you saw that sayuri needed a flatmate, but their rent is 775 a month! i know thats a lot more than your average, but it is still crazy.

Lol yes I saw, was gonna live with Dylan until he moved in with them, its mental, £200 a week plus bills on top of that >_< my max is like £150

Edit; got 3 people to live with now :teeth:
well i passed my resits. barely. anyone know if there's a cap on resit grades? i know i didn't try that hard, but a straight third is poor, even for me.

aman who are you living with this year? party in camberwell tonight if you fancy, might be good.
Reply 518
I think resits are capped at 40%. That's the way it is for us anyway.
Reply 519
Referrals are capped at 40 for Chemistry, but resits are an average of your first score in the exam and your resit score..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending