Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Harsh. ""

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenheroes)
    well i passed my resits. barely. anyone know if there's a cap on resit grades? i know i didn't try that hard, but a straight third is poor, even for me.

aman who are you living with this year? party in camberwell tonight if you fancy, might be good.
    They're definitely capped at 40, my friends who had resits in first year had their results capped at 40

Oh and I'm living with some friends of Dylan btw, 3 girls >_<

I'm still in Manchester I'm afraid or I would have come

ReputationRep:
    Resits... capped at 40? So .... if you drop 1 mark on a resit... you fail?!

ReputationRep:
    I think it probably means that even if you get over 40% they will still give you 40% for that resit. So it's either pass with a final mark of 40% or fail. No 2:1s for anyone.

Otherwise that's REALLY harsh. ""

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Resits... capped at 40? So .... if you drop 1 mark on a resit... you fail?!
    No its just that the max mark you can get is 40, even if you write a paper worth say 69 you still get 40 as your result

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    No its just that the max mark you can get is 40, even if you write a paper worth say 69 you still get 40 as your result
    Ah ok. Still a bit harsh! But I suppose it's better than no resits at all.

ReputationRep:
    Resits take the average of your resit grade with 40%. Referrals are capped at 40%.

ReputationRep:
    well i got more than 40, i got 42/42/44/47

so what does that mean? am i really crap or did they average my grade with something?

ReputationRep:
    well i got more than 40, i got 42/42/44/47

so what does that mean? am i really crap or did they average my grade with something?
    Looking at the resit results, some people have got marks in the 50s or 60s, so I think they were probably your exam results, and regardless, you come out with a 40 anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Songeuse)
    Looking at the resit results, some people have got marks in the 50s or 60s, so I think they were probably your exam results, and regardless, you come out with a 40 anyway.
    so even the people who got 50/60 have really got 40?

wow, that is harsh.

ReputationRep:
    so even the people who got 50/60 have really got 40?

wow, that is harsh.
    Yeah, it's pretty **** really. I didn't really believe my friend's mum (ex uni lecturer/person) when she said the resit marks were capped at 40, but it's shocking! Because say you have to resit them all because of one duff mark, you could have got 60/60/60/20 first time round, and then after the resit wind up with only 40. Sounds unfair imo.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what you'd have to do to get a mark of 5%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Songeuse)
    Yeah, it's pretty **** really. I didn't really believe my friend's mum (ex uni lecturer/person) when she said the resit marks were capped at 40, but it's shocking! Because say you have to resit them all because of one duff mark, you could have got 60/60/60/20 first time round, and then after the resit wind up with only 40. Sounds unfair imo.
    pretty much what happened to all of us who did a four paper resit. everyone had 2.1s but failed property majorly. except me, i was on 2.2s but is still pretty gutting.

ReputationRep:
    Found accomodation :woo:

4 of us sharing a flat in camden town, and cheap as anything with rent less than £100 a week

:awesome:

Suuuuuuuuuuuuch a relief can't wait to return to London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

4 of us sharing a flat in camden town, and cheap as anything with rent less than £100 a week

Frigging kidding me. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Frigging kidding me. :eek:

What can I say? Leave things to the last minute :top:

ReputationRep:
    Haha last year had a deal paying £50 a week for King's Cross
    Can never happen again - but good times anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Haha last year had a deal paying £50 a week for King's Cross
    Can never happen again - but good times anyway!
    what were you doing, charming the landlord's daughter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

omfg >: (

so jealous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    what were you doing, charming the landlord's daughter?
    :fyi:

Raptor actually ran a backstreet abortion clinic in kings x last year, his Landlord was a quadriplegic and thus very pro stem cell research you see, he was happy Raptor performed "God's work"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.