Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't know, i'm leaving town to see the boyfriend in canterbury.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenheroes)
    i wouldn't know, i'm leaving town to see the boyfriend in canterbury.
    hmm, i was just randomly wondering. If a chinese person from china studied law in the UK at UCL say, what would the point of that be? I mean when they go back to china after their degree it's not like the law degree will come in useful...i mean i thought china didn't really have laws...don't they just torture people regardless? :awesome:

Are there even any totally free courts and coherent laws in china? If not then there is no point having lawyers cos the government decides who goes to jail and who lives and dies, not the judiciary, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    hmm, i was just randomly wondering. If a chinese person from china studied law in the UK at UCL say, what would the point of that be? I mean when they go back to china after their degree it's not like the law degree will come in useful...i mean i thought china didn't really have laws...don't they just torture people regardless? :awesome:

Are there even any totally free courts and coherent laws in china? If not then there is no point having lawyers cos the government decides who goes to jail and who lives and dies, not the judiciary, right?
    LOL. I'm not from china. The flag is random.

But there are loads of chinese people on my course. I don't actually know. Not all law is about who lives and dies and goes to jail, I'm sure most law encountered will be company and commercial law. A lot of American and UK firms have large practice areas in China.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. I'm not from china. The flag is random.

But there are loads of chinese people on my course. I don't actually know. Not all law is about who lives and dies and goes to jail, I'm sure most law encountered will be company and commercial law. A lot of American and UK firms have large practice areas in China.
    hmm, so the law you are taught is generalised so that you can apply it in any country? is that what you are saying? Or, do you pick up transferable skills which you can apply to any countries' law?

ReputationRep:
    hmm, so the law you are taught is generalised so that you can apply it in any country? is that what you are saying? Or, do you pick up transferable skills which you can apply to any countries' law?
    No, we are taught English law. You can work for a British or American firm, and be transferred to their offices in China (or anywhere else in the world) without being qualified to practice law there. What happens after that, I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    No, we are taught English law. You can work for a British or American firm, and be transferred to their offices in China (or anywhere else in the world) without being qualified to practice law there. What happens after that, I don't know.
    why the hell would they transfer you to China? :awesome: Try to have an influence on local law or to study their archaic system? :p:

ReputationRep:
    why the hell would they transfer you to China? :awesome: Try to have an influence on local law or to study their archaic system? :p:
    :dontknow: Although I suspect it's neither of your suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    come oooooooooooon, do any of you still exist?

a week to go and still an essay and two assignments, ergh

ReputationRep:
    someone's in a jolly mood, *****.
    we're hanging out tomorrow afternoon yh?

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to a few good nights out - although lots of early hospital starts too

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else get mid-terms in all their modules in the last week of term, after having no reading week to revise? lol. Good times!

ReputationRep:
    I got all my essays in last week :P

Now I have to catch up all the work I didn't do because I was writing them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    Does anyone else get mid-terms in all their modules in the last week of term, after having no reading week to revise? lol. Good times!
    That was last year. And the year before. This year is more like crazy coursework writing, resulting in a huge carbs intake, little sleep, fried brain and genuine jealousy- at least the mice in the experiment I'm writing up had some amphetamine to help...

ReputationRep:
    Lol apparently I have it easy compared to you guys. Must have spent about 8-10 hours this weekend doing all of this week's reading and homework, and everytime I stop and think "yes! I'll have a completely free week next week!" I remember that I'm doing it so I can plan the 2,500 word essay that is in for after Christmas. ****. ****.

And now I have to do a likely hour before bed... See ya. :work:

P.S.: Ooh, I believe I get an essay back tomorrow, possibly. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** do I have to take second year courses... It's not fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pure_joy)
    That was last year. And the year before. This year is more like crazy coursework writing, resulting in a huge carbs intake, little sleep, fried brain and genuine jealousy- at least the mice in the experiment I'm writing up had some amphetamine to help...
    I'm glad it's not just the engineers who are having this much fun... Yey.

Good luck with your courseworks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mute)
    Why the **** do I have to take second year courses... It's not fair
    Neuroscience first year by any chance?

(Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    I'm glad it's not just the engineers who are having this much fun... Yey.

Good luck with your courseworks...
    Thx, you too. think I'm giving up for tonight tho, got 9am tomorrow for the last time IN MY LIFE. Yey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noémie)
    someone's in a jolly mood, *****.
    we're hanging out tomorrow afternoon yh?
    First I've heard of this, thought it was Saturday.
    But yeah ring me like 5ish if you wanna.

ReputationRep:
    meh i'm tired now i'm spending the afternoon with tom.
    saturday it is.

ReputationRep:
    I hate work.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.