Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have decided to take until thursday off, mainly because my travelcard ran out, I can barely afford to put money on my oystercard and it would take around 2 hours to walk. Sigh. Hopefully this time will be spent doing lots of work at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noémie)
    meh i'm tired now i'm spending the afternoon with tom.
    saturday it is.
    Don't bail on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noémie)
    oi
    Aren't you going to Brighton or somewhere this weekend anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    bottom
    on sunday morning. i might come to yours.

ReputationRep:
    Oh you might, might you?

ReputationRep:
    I think I broke the atmosphere. Damn stupid ozone modelling.

ReputationRep:
    well do you want me?

ReputationRep:
    Do I want you? :hubba: Of course.

But yeah. Come round mine.

ReputationRep:
    okie. can you make me lunch and dinner? because you know you want to. idk what i want to have. decide for me, although you will be wrong. but then i can reprimand you for it. which will be fun for me.
    can you message me your actualy address so i can burst in unannounced at like 12?

ReputationRep:
    Guys wth - do this over fb or sth lol!

ReputationRep:
    it's not like anybody's actually usign this thread atm, it feels lonely, ergo using it as a means of communication. besdies, jonny's facebook is **** CENTRAL.

ReputationRep:
    My facebook is cool tvm. Anyway yeah come at like 1 or something because I'm out over Golders training until 12.

ReputationRep:
    GOLDERS? oh it's a sat there's no point me meeting you there.
    but yeah no worries i'll come over message me.

ReputationRep:
    sup guys
    i'm a prospective ucl student. i'm curious bout the london social life? is it easy to meet new peeps/good night life?
    any info would be great, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alccrts)
    sup guys
    i'm a prospective ucl student. i'm curious bout the london social life? is it easy to meet new peeps/good night life?
    any info would be great, cheers.
    ucl is crap - go to london southbank, uclan, westminster, middlesex, or any other middle to low rated uni cos that is where the normal people are at.

ReputationRep:
    Except don't go to to UCLan, because that is in Preston.

Tbh. I'm from London, lived here my whole life. And I really do live in London, not some communter suburb. I didn't go to UCL looking to make friends or have a social life, as I had an amazing one in this city anyway - but I've had an amazing time so far, met some fantastic people who will be friends for life, had ridiculous nights out... it's what you make it of it.

The above poster is definitely in the minority at UCL. He made a thread a few weeks ago about why he hates UCL so much, read it. If you agree with what he says, then UCL isn't for you. You really would be better suited at another university. And at the end of the day, I think he would be too, but then again if he hated it to much, he would have dropped out or transferred to one of those universities ages ago, I'm sure they'd love to have a student capable of being at UCL, infact they usually give large grants to such students. Alas, ego and prestige always win, however you cut it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenheroes)
    Except don't go to to UCLan, because that is in Preston.

Tbh. I'm from London, lived here my whole life. And I really do live in London, not some communter suburb. I didn't go to UCL looking to make friends or have a social life, as I had an amazing one in this city anyway - but I've had an amazing time so far, met some fantastic people who will be friends for life, had ridiculous nights out... it's what you make it of it.

The above poster is definitely in the minority at UCL. He made a thread a few weeks ago about why he hates UCL so much, read it. If you agree with what he says, then UCL isn't for you. You really would be better suited at another university. And at the end of the day, I think he would be too, but then again if he hated it to much, he would have dropped out or transferred to one of those universities ages ago, I'm sure they'd love to have a student capable of being at UCL, infact they usually give large grants to such students. Alas, ego and prestige always win, however you cut it.
    Me too and I agree so much with brokenheroes.

Er out of interest what were his bad points about UCL? I don't think I have the energy to read it hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Me too and I agree so much with brokenheroes.

Er out of interest what were his bad points about UCL? I don't think I have the energy to read it hehe.
    Basically he's a bit sad. Hates everyone. Thinks all his lecturers ought to be his best friend. That and he thinks everyone else is a stuck up Etonian and that we should all still be behaving like year tens. Because that's 'normal'.

I agree also. I've only been in London a term and I have withdrawal symptoms after three days back home

I've made fantastic friends, no matter what your idea of a 'fantastic night out' is its within ten minutes of you if you live near UCL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdunc)
    Basically he's a bit sad. Hates everyone. Thinks all his lecturers ought to be his best friend. That and he thinks everyone else is a stuck up Etonian and that we should all still be behaving like year tens. Because that's 'normal'.

I agree also. I've only been in London a term and I have withdrawal symptoms after three days back home

I've made fantastic friends, no matter what your idea of a 'fantastic night out' is its within ten minutes of you if you live near UCL!
    Hahah ah cheers thanks for that. Well that's hardly changed my whole outlook on loving UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Hahah ah cheers thanks for that. Well that's hardly changed my whole outlook on loving UCL
    you had a lame gap year doing more AS levels. Why ever did you do that instead of having a proper gap year? Was it in fact a year to reapply for medicine after rejected the first time round?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.