Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    you had a lame gap year doing more AS levels. Why ever did you do that instead of having a proper gap year? Was it in fact a year to reapply for medicine after rejected the first time round?
    Actually no... I didn't want to do medicine till I was in year 13 (I.e. post October the 15th) and hence I needed a year to be able to apply to medicine? Answer your question? I applied before to chemistry and got in...

Haven't you been as long as I have, why the random anger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Actually no... I didn't want to do medicine till I was in year 13 (I.e. post October the 15th) and hence I needed a year to be able to apply to medicine? Answer your question? I applied before to chemistry and got in...

Haven't you been as long as I have, why the random anger?
    hmm, why did you spend a year out doing AS-levels and A2 bio? Why didn't you go travelling?No idea what your last line is asking me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by synthpopx)
    Had tons of coursework to do meh.. and still haven't finished it all! o.o
    I suspect your not the only one.

ReputationRep:
    questions gtfo this thread.

but to continue the topic afterwards london is awsome ucl is awesome anyone who doesn't like ucl on the whole is a bit of a strange lad.

ReputationRep:
    Argh stupid chemistry department!
    2000 word essay and an exam to revise for on the first day back in January!
    Since when do chemists write essays???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MulderMan)
    Argh stupid chemistry department!
    2000 word essay and an exam to revise for on the first day back in January!
    Since when do chemists write essays???
    3000 word essay and an exam to revise for on the first day back in January as well as 2 coursework sheets!

ReputationRep:
    i have a oceanography coursework and then need to teach myself geodesy theory and start putting together a portfolio for hydrogeology and also do a volcanoes problem sheet :eek:

...of course this is after having completed my 5000 word report which was due last friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    hmm, why did you spend a year out doing AS-levels and A2 bio? Why didn't you go travelling?No idea what your last line is asking me.
    Glad I did - A2 bio was really helpful, met some of the best people in my life etc. Not some rich ass who can just go travelling, and didn't fancy working in Sainsbury's for a year...

ReputationRep:
    Glad I did - A2 bio was really helpful, met some of the best people in my life etc. Not some rich ass who can just go travelling, and didn't fancy working in Sainsbury's for a year...
    lol, fair play . I spent my year working in a book shop, bit of time in an office and a LOT of time spent outdoor rock climbing all over the UK and twice in france.

ReputationRep:
    Can I just ask, have you done your iBSc, or are you doing first year clinics before your BSc year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Can I just ask, have you done your iBSc, or are you doing first year clinics before your BSc year?
    The latter and loving it.

ReputationRep:
    That's a refrehshing attitude, philosoraptor. All my medic friends in clinics are so grumpy and cynical about everything now :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    That's a refrehshing attitude, philosoraptor. All my medic friends in clinics are so grumpy and cynical about everything now :p:
    well I just feel so free, I love being on the wards, talking to patients, doing practical stuff etc. So much better than lectures!

ReputationRep:
    i wonder if it'll feel like that on my year abroad *whistful for something fun that isn't sitting around in london being told i'm not good enough because i do hebrew and it's not a real subject like biology or chemistry or medicine, and for a time when everyone around me will care about fun things like hebrew, and hopefully a lot of people will be interested in fun things like biblical hebrew and holocaust stuff*

ReputationRep:
    Come on, you know nobody speaks French any more apart from in France and you said yourself that it doesn't take any skill to learn it, but I couldn't give a rat's fart nonetheless. I bloody love it. Let the biologist(s) do what they wish, we need to stop caring (y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noémie)
    i wonder if it'll feel like that on my year abroad *whistful for something fun that isn't sitting around in london being told i'm not good enough because i do hebrew and it's not a real subject like biology or chemistry or medicine, and for a time when everyone around me will care about fun things like hebrew, and hopefully a lot of people will be interested in fun things like biblical hebrew and holocaust stuff*
    Aww, who cares, if people say crap like that it doesn't matter, it's what you think that does. They probably don't realise the rigor of such a course, it's not like David Beckham studies

ReputationRep:
    That guy who just tried to blow up a plane in the US seems to be studying engineering here.

Looks like our department is going downhill. Honestly, when you can't even teach someone how to blow up an aeroplane properly...

ReputationRep:
    yeah second year engineering apparantly. eurchahcoas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Told you not everyone is as cynical as your medic friends! I'm quite rightfully looking forward to clinics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Told you not everyone is as cynical as your medic friends! I'm quite rightfully looking forward to clinics!
    It's very different looking forward to it and being in it. Trust me even by 2nd year you'll be quite cynical...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.