Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    It's very different looking forward to it and being in it. Trust me even by 2nd year you'll be quite cynical...
    No don't worry, I'm skeptical but looking forward to actually experiencing it to see what it's like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Told you not everyone is as cynical as your medic friends! I'm quite rightfully looking forward to clinics!
    :p: All my medic fresher friends (i.e. you) are so optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    :p: All my medic fresher friends (i.e. you) are so optimistic.
    I'm hardly representative of the fresher population, homeboi. I'm not even that optimistic, I just don't think clinics are going to make me die :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noémie)
    i wonder if it'll feel like that on my year abroad *whistful for something fun that isn't sitting around in london being told i'm not good enough because i do hebrew and it's not a real subject like biology or chemistry or medicine, and for a time when everyone around me will care about fun things like hebrew, and hopefully a lot of people will be interested in fun things like biblical hebrew and holocaust stuff*
    which morons say that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I'm hardly representative of the fresher population, homeboi. I'm not even that optimistic, I just don't think clinics are going to make me die :p:
    My medic friend is wonderfully cynical :daydreaming:
    Though I think he would probably prefer clinical stuff to lectures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    which morons say that
    the people i hang around with. they think they're better than me anyway because i'm not really clever, and on top of that i do a not clever subject, so they just are mean to me. and they make fun of me for believing in god, etc etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    aka they are :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:? as if any language degree is "not clever", especially hebrew

ReputationRep:
    come oooooon, nobody you hang around with has ever come across like that on me...........

ReputationRep:
    dom says it a LOT. patrick says it too, less than dom. dom is the one who mainly is horrible to me for the whole god :snow::snow::snow::snow:.
    anyway you do spanish and french, which aren't associated with israel (another thing they have goes at me for) and you dont hang around with my friends more than once every few weeks. they don't know you well enough to have the opportunity to make fun of you for stuff.

and nah hebrew isn't a clever subject, it's annoyingly easy. but thanks for the it made me feel a bit better

ReputationRep:
    the people i hang around with. they think they're better than me anyway because i'm not really clever, and on top of that i do a not clever subject, so they just are mean to me. and they make fun of me for believing in god, etc etc etc.
    I stick with my earlier statement to you - who cares? Ignore it, anyone who genuinely thinks that...

ReputationRep:
    yeah i dont like the main one who does it anyway, but i see him all the time and i think what bothers me is they think they're right, they all agree with him, and nobody sticks up for me with it (Granted i really should tell my best friend i'm feeling awful about it but i dont think he has the emotional capacity to understand, he's emotionally stunted when it comes to sharing feelings ). and yeah, his closest friend is also my best friend so it's a bit bleeding annoying that i can't go off on one about how hurt i feel to my best friend.

ARGH </end> H&R COMPLAININGNESS.

ReputationRep:
    dom says it a LOT. patrick says it too, less than dom. dom is the one who mainly is horrible to me for the whole god :snow::snow::snow::snow:.
    anyway you do spanish and french, which aren't associated with israel (another thing they have goes at me for) and you dont hang around with my friends more than once every few weeks. they don't know you well enough to have the opportunity to make fun of you for stuff.

and nah hebrew isn't a clever subject, it's annoyingly easy. but thanks for the it made me feel a bit better
    I think I'd be awful doing a language degree... It's hardly easy!!!

Your friends sound mean... you should insult them in Hebrew, they won't get it mwahaha.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys How's everyone 2nite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    hi guys How's everyone 2nite?
    I cut my own hair, needless to say it is quite bad.

ReputationRep:
    good good - not looking forward to going back on the 4th >_<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james s)
    I cut my own hair, needless to say it is quite bad.
    must be that time of year again! :rolleyes: My mate tried getting haircut on sunday but hair dresser was closed! I'm going tomorrow cos i'm developing an afro at the mom, and it's a pain in the arse!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i dont like the main one who does it anyway, but i see him all the time and i think what bothers me is they think they're right, they all agree with him, and nobody sticks up for me with it (Granted i really should tell my best friend i'm feeling awful about it but i dont think he has the emotional capacity to understand, he's emotionally stunted when it comes to sharing feelings ). and yeah, his closest friend is also my best friend so it's a bit bleeding annoying that i can't go off on one about how hurt i feel to my best friend.

ARGH </end> H&R COMPLAININGNESS.
    There are certainly easier degrees you could do, people who have to say things about other people's degrees must feel pretty insecure themselves.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ignore it, languages are never a cakewalk. Ah yes, the Israel - Palestine issue. If they've resorted to trying to taint you by association - they've clearly run out of ideas. Ignore them. Or if it fails, a fist/palm to body/face could always help - associated with angry yelling at the same time.... =whilst not socially acceptable, it'd feel bloody good.

ReputationRep:
    i wonder if it'll feel like that on my year abroad *whistful for something fun that isn't sitting around in london being told i'm not good enough because i do hebrew and it's not a real subject like biology or chemistry or medicine, and for a time when everyone around me will care about fun things like hebrew, and hopefully a lot of people will be interested in fun things like biblical hebrew and holocaust stuff*
    After seeing the program "History of Christianity" by Prof Diarmaid on BBC, I really wanted to learn Biblical hebrew!!! I went to Main Library Hebrew section for the introductory books there, but then realised that I have used up my quota of books allowed... Will be going for it after finishing my damned 4 exams which is rt now screwing my holidays and life...

I dont think so you need to be worried abt. that , its just that you are in bad or not so understanding company i feel

ReputationRep:
    i feel so much love, thankyou tsr'ians :love:

silentmonk if you actually really would like to learn biblical hebrew, you should do the unit in it within my department, it's not hard, just takes a lot of concentration when you do it and the introductory books are HELL, don't even bother with them! Grammars need to be taught, they can't be learnt from on their own. Whcih annoys me. I want to write a biblical hebrew learning website, where you can revise it and do exercises on it, and learn it from scratch. which i am OF COURSE good enough at biblical hebrew to do...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.