Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Sorry to change the topic lads and lasses, but is there anyone here (apart from Ed and myself) originally from a state comp?

I haven't met a single one on my course yet.
    Yeah, me. I'm from a particularly bad one too. Damn proud of it

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to change the topic lads and lasses, but is there anyone here (apart from Ed and myself) originally from a state comp?

Ya! I am. hehe. I remember feeling that last year two but in reality it doesn't actually matter unless the person/people in question is/are pompous ass(es)!

ReputationRep:

Certainly am and I have met a fair few on my course although we are the minority by quite a long way.

ReputationRep:
    I've found it kinda depends on subject, within archaeology I'd say it is 70% state to 30% private - possibly even higher state percentage. However in my Greek class I'd say it's probably about 90% private.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Thirdly, I got elected to the union council I'm important now. I can make laws and get free drinks.
    Let's not open that little can of worms up again...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    Let's not open that little can of worms up again...:mad:
    Well, that's an exaggeration. They are planning on giving something to council members, but it'll most likely be a few vouchers for tea/coffee/coke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Well, that's an exaggeration. They are planning on giving something to council members, but it'll most likely be a few vouchers for tea/coffee/coke.
    Thats not the point, its more the principle. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Yeah, it's the principle. You deserve muffins as well.

ReputationRep:

Yes. State, non-selective, in the North.

ReputationRep:
    *sighs in relief* Good to know, guys.

Though the public school kids here are virtually indistinguishable from the state ones.

ReputationRep:
    I might be a regular on here soon. Hope I enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    *sighs in relief* Good to know, guys.

Though the public school kids here are virtually indistinguishable from the state ones.
    What difference does it make? I zone out when people ask what school I went to, there are so many more interesting things in life.

ReputationRep:
    OK what's the principle? Go for it. If you convince me, I'll propose a motion to overturn the previous motion.

ReputationRep:
    What difference does it make? I zone out when people ask what school I went to, there are so many more interesting things in life.
    I was shocked, rather, thinking "how the hell do you expect to have heard of it?", before realising that he expected me to come from a public school.

ReputationRep:
    im from a state comp, I find it doesnt make much of a difference (apart from when the 'which school did you go to?') question comes up.

ReputationRep:
    Theres a rumour going round that the law xmas ball is in the quad? Thats gotta be ********, right?
    Its in the jeremy bentham room.

state secondary/6th form college as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    I might be a regular on here soon. Hope I enjoy it.
    Meaning...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dismal_laundry)
    Meaning...?
    He's trying to intrude in our exclusive thread. How rude tbh :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else go to Christmas in the Quad?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.