Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i really need to go to the library to steal some paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    If this is actually an advert, can the ASA do them for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    If this is actually an advert, can the ASA do them for it?
    lol I doubt it you get what it says, its not a real advert anyway, well I'm pretty sure its not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Not in the library by any chance are you?
    I can't get into the library anymore :p: I've graduated remember!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    lol I doubt it you get what it says, its not a real advert anyway, well I'm pretty sure its not
    Well, it really is the first thing people think of when they hear the word Roxy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MulderMan)
    Well, it really is the first thing people think of when they hear the word Roxy!
    First thing I think of is Chunder tbh

ReputationRep:
    The next ******* person I find who has 'reserved' themselves a seat in the library, and then ***** off for the entire day and leaves their notes there, mark my words:

I. Will. *******. Burn. Them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    I can't get into the library anymore :p: I've graduated remember!
    Graduated eh? What are you doing with yourself now then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mute)
    Graduated eh? What are you doing with yourself now then?
    LPC at the College of Law, which is a little further down Gower Street, so I'm still right next to UCL :p: I joined the Union so I can still do all the jazz society stuff

ReputationRep:
    The next ******* person I find who has 'reserved' themselves a seat in the library, and then ***** off for the entire day and leaves their notes there, mark my words:

I may have taken an extended lunch and left my stuff in the Science library today...

ReputationRep:
    I may have taken an extended lunch and left my stuff in the Science library today...
    Right, no problem there, but when I was in yesterday, there were not enough people in the building to fit in all of the seats. It was ridiculous! These people are clearly coming in at 10AM, sticking there stuff down, and ******* off for four hours till they decide to actually get on with it. There was no way they were just getting books, or at the bathroom, these people were purely and simply monopolising what ever space they could, and you know what? It's just not fair. When there are people going from floor to floor constantly trying to find a seat, people working in the corridors, and these people aren't even working? It's selfish, and ******* disgusting.

If those people didn't monopolise, the turnover rate would be great enough that everyone would be able to work. But they don't, so a significant proportion of people just get shafted.

ReputationRep:
    Right, no problem there, but when I was in yesterday, there were not enough people in the building to fit in all of the seats. It was ridiculous! These people are clearly coming in at 10AM, sticking there stuff down, and ******* off for four hours till they decide to actually get on with it. There was no way they were just getting books, or at the bathroom, these people were purely and simply monopolising what ever space they could, and you know what? It's just not fair. When there are people going from floor to floor constantly trying to find a seat, people working in the corridors, and these people aren't even working? It's selfish, and ******* disgusting.

If those people didn't monopolise, the turnover rate would be great enough that everyone would be able to work. But they don't, so a significant proportion of people just get shafted.
    Reeks of people leaving towels on sun loungers. They should put notices about threatening to confiscate unattended stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I was in the library the other day at about 1.30 pm and there were about 15 vacant seats just with loads of stuff everywhere. I was like wtf. I mean if you want to have lunch just leave.

ReputationRep:

They've started moving stuff if its unattended for more than an hour and leaving a note saying you cannot reserve seats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    They've started moving stuff if its unattended for more than an hour and leaving a note saying you cannot reserve seats
    The oddest one yesterday was a girl sitting next to me. I was in the chemistry section, and she was obviously an arts student.

Anyway, she was gone for a good hour (presume it was for lunch), and left her Mac on the table! I was like wtf? Your just asking someone to steal it!

ReputationRep:
    The oddest one yesterday was a girl sitting next to me. I was in the chemistry section, and she was obviously an arts student.

Anyway, she was gone for a good hour (presume it was for lunch), and left her Mac on the table! I was like wtf? Your just asking someone to steal it!
    You should have stolen it, no less than she deserved.

ReputationRep:

Today was the first time I've been in the library and it has been really busy.

I completely understand what you mean now!

I went to the chemistry section around 2pm, it was about half full, but there were no spaces as they were 'reserved'.

I then go to the computer cluster, and the same thing there. Machines logged off, but everyones crap over the desk.

Can't we just move people stuff?

ReputationRep:
    tbh if it were me i'd just pick it up and shove it out the window.

ReputationRep:
    also, CAN PEOPLE STOP USING ******* HJS LIBRARY FOR HTEIR ****. GET THE **** OUT OF MY LIBRARY. IT IS NOT YOUR CANTEEN, YOUR LAW LIBRARY, YOUR COURSEWORK SPOT. GET THE **** OUT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noémie)
    also, CAN PEOPLE STOP USING ******* HJS LIBRARY FOR HTEIR ****. GET THE **** OUT OF MY LIBRARY. IT IS NOT YOUR CANTEEN, YOUR LAW LIBRARY, YOUR COURSEWORK SPOT. GET THE **** OUT.
    LOL. HAD A FEW GOOD SLEEPS IN THERE LAST YEAR. :hahaha:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.