Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That in Chemistry? Interesting, they must have changed the referrals thing, it used to be that you were sent the same exam paper and had to attempt every question and send it back to them...wonder why it's been changed

ReputationRep:
    Nope, neurophysiology.

ReputationRep:
    Ah my bad, I've got your username mixed up with someone else who I believe said they failed a chemistry thing!
    Good luck with your referral anyway, that's pretty tough going I agree :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salain)
    That in Chemistry? Interesting, they must have changed the referrals thing, it used to be that you were sent the same exam paper and had to attempt every question and send it back to them...wonder why it's been changed
    That is still how Chemistry does it. Do the paper at home and then have a viva on it. It must be different in every department.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I somehow have to come up with a dissertation title and proposal by the end of next term.

WHY DID I AGREE TO DO THIS.

Edit: I know, I know, I'm being neurotic, I'll think of something, whatever, I'll probably write 8,000 words of complete tosh and fail my degree anyway. Although it can be 6,000...

ReputationRep:
    Hold the phone, what? A dissertation, you're only in second year though?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but we have to research it on the year abroad or something and have a first draft done by the time we get back. So we have to get a title and supervisor in second year. I couldn't even come up with a 2,500 word essay by myself so I dunno wtf I'm gonna do really. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    You're not going abroad this coming year are you? That would make me very sad...

ReputationRep:
    Not 'til September 2011. But it still makes me sad that I will have to conduct my final 2 years without you :sad:

EDIT: Stay for a Masters tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Not 'til September 2011. But it still makes me sad that I will have to conduct my final 2 years without you :sad:

EDIT: Stay for a Masters tbh.
    LIKE **** AM I GETTING A JOB AT THE END OF THIS.

Employment definitely disagrees with me. Bring on the masters...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mute)
    LIKE **** AM I GETTING A JOB AT THE END OF THIS.

Employment definitely disagrees with me. Bring on the masters...
    :mmm: High five on that bro. I'm too scared to join the real world anyway. I could hang around for a doctorate too...

ReputationRep:
    If only they handed out grants for law PHDs as easily as science ones... I may well have been at UCL for another 3 years!

ReputationRep:
    Seems like results are out. I think I need to work a bit harder next year.

ReputationRep:
    Mine aren't :emo:

ReputationRep:
    They are now. Another ******* 2:2, two silly points off a 2:1.

Harsh marking this year. **** my life.

ReputationRep:
    i was 2.5 or 1.5 marks off or something. it's like whatevs.

ReputationRep:
    Ditto. 58%. ****...

There goes any hopes of a funded summer vacation studentship.

ReputationRep:
    **** it, I'll just get my tutor to say that I'm on for a 2:1 when I apply for internships this autumn. He can't say I'm not; fourth year counts for 50% of the final grade.

ReputationRep:
    SONISPHERE THO.
    init tho.

ReputationRep:
    *tries to give a damn about 1st year being 7%*

Yeah. I got my accomodation deposit back today, £150 **** YEAH

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.