Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey did any non-freshers get their bursary letters or actual bursary yet?

ReputationRep:
    nope not yet, im wondering when we actually get this?

ReputationRep:
    i got a bursary letter before the start of term saying the first payment would be on October 16th. until then, just keep raping those overdrafts kiddos

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for the ******. Funds are tight and I want to go to Italy for Toussaint.

ReputationRep:
    innit. funds are tight and i want to pay my rent for the rest of the year. :wavingtheflag:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    innit. funds are tight and i want to pay my rent for the rest of the year. :wavingtheflag:
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

(Except I also have to find a new flat cos otherwise I'll be homeless on the 1st of November, wickeds!!)

ReputationRep:
    Finally allowed to post in here

ReputationRep:
    **** my life.

ReputationRep:
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    Also same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

(Except I also have to find a new flat cos otherwise I'll be homeless on the 1st of November, wickeds!!)

ouchhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    x
    I've been meaning to ask you about ERASMUS funding. I know we get a grant from the EU, but how much do we get from student finance? I have no idea how I'm going to live if we get much less than atm, there's no halls in Italy and rent is the same as London!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a London loan here, I think I was on £1700 a term last year, now I'm on about £13-1400.

You could complain and say it's going to be horribly expensive if they offer you a lot less loan money.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that. I guess it makes sense not to have the London loan. It's so hard to plan anything, because the Rome ERASMUS website says "Accommodation is from €300-600 a month", which is completely unhelpful!

I have so much reading to do, it's unbelievable. I swear I have more reading to do for tomorrow than I had in the entire first year

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any compulsory reading to do, but if I read up on the 1848 revolution it would probably make me understand tomorrows 8am lecture better :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d00bey)
    **** my life.
    Fourthededed.

I really wish someone would of told me I'd have 9am's everyday then maybe I'd live out for 2nd year. :'(

ReputationRep:
    I went to 50% of my lectures last week, have not done ANY of this week's work or reading nor most of last week's and i missed today's lecture as well so i have to get notes for that and read both of the readings by thursday as well as the aesthetics reading by tomorrow (not gonna happen - might just skip it) and the phil of lang by thursday as well as doing a 4 hour rehearsal on wed and performing thur fri and sat and going to the ucl tories thing and doing the pi thing and the eurosoc thing and writing a billion letters to practise my russian/german and doing the washing up and hopefully eating at some point too

fmlfmlfml

ReputationRep:
    and im still sick and getting worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    I went to 50% of my lectures last week, have not done ANY of this week's work or reading nor most of last week's and i missed today's lecture as well so i have to get notes for that and read both of the readings by thursday as well as the aesthetics reading by tomorrow (not gonna happen - might just skip it) and the phil of lang by thursday as well as doing a 4 hour rehearsal on wed and performing thur fri and sat and going to the ucl tories thing and doing the pi thing and the eurosoc thing and writing a billion letters to practise my russian/german and doing the washing up and hopefully eating at some point too

fmlfmlfml
    That happened to me back when I did Russian. A few weeks later I dropped out.

Just take a deep breathe and start getting things done, don't let them continue to pile up :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    That happened to me back when I did Russian. A few weeks later I dropped out.

Just take a deep breathe and start getting things done, don't let them continue to pile up :yep:
    i'm missing a lecture right now. it's not even the russian that's the main problem, it's more all my other modules AND russian. **** **** ****. okay. i do need to pull myself together and do it. which will start with getting to my lit lecture thats going on right now before it finishes.

and which i haven't done the reading for.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.