Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey did any non-freshers get their bursary letters or actual bursary yet?

ReputationRep:
    nope not yet, im wondering when we actually get this?

ReputationRep:
    i got a bursary letter before the start of term saying the first payment would be on October 16th. until then, just keep raping those overdrafts kiddos

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for the ******. Funds are tight and I want to go to Italy for Toussaint.

ReputationRep:
    innit. funds are tight and i want to pay my rent for the rest of the year. :wavingtheflag:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    innit. funds are tight and i want to pay my rent for the rest of the year. :wavingtheflag:
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

(Except I also have to find a new flat cos otherwise I'll be homeless on the 1st of November, wickeds!!)

ReputationRep:
    Finally allowed to post in here

ReputationRep:
    **** my life.

ReputationRep:
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    Also same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

(Except I also have to find a new flat cos otherwise I'll be homeless on the 1st of November, wickeds!!)

ouchhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    x
    I've been meaning to ask you about ERASMUS funding. I know we get a grant from the EU, but how much do we get from student finance? I have no idea how I'm going to live if we get much less than atm, there's no halls in Italy and rent is the same as London!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a London loan here, I think I was on £1700 a term last year, now I'm on about £13-1400.

You could complain and say it's going to be horribly expensive if they offer you a lot less loan money.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that. I guess it makes sense not to have the London loan. It's so hard to plan anything, because the Rome ERASMUS website says "Accommodation is from €300-600 a month", which is completely unhelpful!

I have so much reading to do, it's unbelievable. I swear I have more reading to do for tomorrow than I had in the entire first year

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any compulsory reading to do, but if I read up on the 1848 revolution it would probably make me understand tomorrows 8am lecture better :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d00bey)
    **** my life.
    Fourthededed.

I really wish someone would of told me I'd have 9am's everyday then maybe I'd live out for 2nd year. :'(

ReputationRep:
    I went to 50% of my lectures last week, have not done ANY of this week's work or reading nor most of last week's and i missed today's lecture as well so i have to get notes for that and read both of the readings by thursday as well as the aesthetics reading by tomorrow (not gonna happen - might just skip it) and the phil of lang by thursday as well as doing a 4 hour rehearsal on wed and performing thur fri and sat and going to the ucl tories thing and doing the pi thing and the eurosoc thing and writing a billion letters to practise my russian/german and doing the washing up and hopefully eating at some point too

fmlfmlfml

ReputationRep:
    and im still sick and getting worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    I went to 50% of my lectures last week, have not done ANY of this week's work or reading nor most of last week's and i missed today's lecture as well so i have to get notes for that and read both of the readings by thursday as well as the aesthetics reading by tomorrow (not gonna happen - might just skip it) and the phil of lang by thursday as well as doing a 4 hour rehearsal on wed and performing thur fri and sat and going to the ucl tories thing and doing the pi thing and the eurosoc thing and writing a billion letters to practise my russian/german and doing the washing up and hopefully eating at some point too

fmlfmlfml
    That happened to me back when I did Russian. A few weeks later I dropped out.

Just take a deep breathe and start getting things done, don't let them continue to pile up :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    That happened to me back when I did Russian. A few weeks later I dropped out.

Just take a deep breathe and start getting things done, don't let them continue to pile up :yep:
    i'm missing a lecture right now. it's not even the russian that's the main problem, it's more all my other modules AND russian. **** **** ****. okay. i do need to pull myself together and do it. which will start with getting to my lit lecture thats going on right now before it finishes.

and which i haven't done the reading for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.