Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    i'm missing a lecture right now. it's not even the russian that's the main problem, it's more all my other modules AND russian. **** **** ****. okay. i do need to pull myself together and do it. which will start with getting to my lit lecture thats going on right now before it finishes.

and which i haven't done the reading for.
    BLAG. BLAG AND LIE :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely have no motivation this year. I don't know what's happened to me. I did all my epic load of reading for last night, but couldn't bring myself to get out of bed this morning to go the lecture. I have the worst headaches ever so I can't even think straight so there was no point going anyway, but I know from experience these only happen when I don't want to do something anyway. I have spent all morning staring at the laptop screen trying to do the hardest translation ever. Seriously, UCL, Virginia Woolf into Italian?! It's hard enough to understand her in English under the six tons of purple prose, nevermind translate that 'considering the metaphorical and social impact of my choice of words'. And I'm still having timetabling problems which mean that I've got to do three 2,500 word essays by the end of reading week, and another three by Christmas which is ***** and I have to do them well since the essays are 100% of each module, then move into term 2 where I have ten hours of lectures a week, six of them on one day starting at 9am with just an hour for lunch! And I have so much free time that my table is laid out perfectly to do some work to remedy the fact I have £30 to last until Christmas after rent, but nowhere is fecking hiring. GRRR.

I'm just so annoyed that my work seems to range from the dossy to the impossible without any in between. It's either 65 pages of reading and a ******* impossible translation, or fill in the blanks present tense exercises and summarising a paragraph that's so basic I could have done it this time last year when I'd been doing italian for a week!

EDIT: Um...that was a slightly epic rant. I am actually not a sour ***** most of the time, I'm just frustrated atm.

ReputationRep:
    snip
    (Original post by Lizia)
    snip
    I'm feeling your pain guys.

I started this year, fresh faced and ready for 2nd year. What happens?

Well...

My timetable is so ****** up. 22 hours a week. This isn't so bad since I had 24 last term, but seriously 9am everyday And at least they were spaced decently, what, lectures at 9-10 then 12-1? I guess I'm supposed to twiddle my thumbs for 2 hours since the cluster room in Science Library and Chemistry department and I can't do the lab reports..

That isn't even the best part; LABS. Seriously, experiments were supposed to take 2 days (4 hours a day) in the lab but for most people took 3 days and because of my OH SO EPIC **** UP on the 1st day, took 4 days for me. That leaves me with just getting my results/spectra today, and handing in the lab report tomorrow at 4 with a nice set of lectures in there for good measure.

It's just a ton of little things that have really made me really bitter these past 2 weeks e.g Not being able to go to the societies I want to because I don't have time or they clash with other stuff I'm supposed to be doing. Hopefully everything gets better because I have a sour taste in mouth from these past 2 weeks..

I don't really complain, but man, does it feel ******* good to let it all out. Chin up everyone, it can only get better.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have a large single room at Nutford which costs 21.7gbp per night and is also catered, I'm interested to swap with anyone in any other halls, but single room please!Thanks so much, please private message me for any offers!

ReputationRep:
    I need to do 4 credits but I've only picked 3 so far. Portico doesn't even have the option to add more any more. Will I be able to see someone to sort it out?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, PJ, go and see Laura Mason in the Italian department. She'll sort you out

ReputationRep:
    if anybody knows anybody who needs a room, there's a single room in my flat going spare. hendon central. 30 seconds walk to the tube then 20 mins to euston. £110 a week.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when UCL pay bursaries?

ReputationRep:
    accordingto what i remember of my letter, my bursary was supposed to come in by... today. it hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    oh wait it has. :coma: oh. mein. gott.

ReputationRep:
    Now checking.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got mine yet :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Today i dropped something quite heavy on my face at work and now I have a black eye and it hurts and then the cash point ate my card which is annoying and also means I have no way of collecting my train tickets so that I can go home this weekend because I have no money to buy new ones and my legs and feet hurt so much I can hardly stand up but sitting down doesn't help much either and I have no money which sucks considering how much I feel as though I've been working over the past year and I have loads of reading to do and no spare time even though I actually wanted to do something this year like maybe join a society or something but I can't because I have no time and I'm all alone and my life has sunk so low I have to come and moan on a student forum and life just feels generally really unfair right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flying twig)
    Today i dropped something quite heavy on my face at work and now I have a black eye and it hurts and then the cash point ate my card which is annoying and also means I have no way of collecting my train tickets so that I can go home this weekend because I have no money to buy new ones and my legs and feet hurt so much I can hardly stand up but sitting down doesn't help much either and I have no money which sucks considering how much I feel as though I've been working over the past year and I have loads of reading to do and no spare time even though I actually wanted to do something this year like maybe join a society or something but I can't because I have no time and I'm all alone and my life has sunk so low I have to come and moan on a student forum and life just feels generally really unfair right now

LOL.

Come on, you of all people know how good it is to vent in awhile. Even if no-one gives a ****. :P

Just look at all those people who have blogs/twitter and vent like hell.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like we're all feeling the pain at the moment. Hope things look up soon, flying twig!

God, I'm half not looking forward to this week. We have nights out planned for every night of the week, and I don't know if I have the stamina anymore! Living the other side of Camden is such a de motivator- once I've battled back from uni on the Tube each day, I cba going back into Bloomsbury/Soho at night. I'm sure once I've had some drinks I'll be fine, but it's looking daunting at the moment. not to mention I've been struggling to go to lectures as it is, nevermind with a hangover! And had to extend the overdraft the other day because I have no self-restraint with money!

ReputationRep:
    I personally can't wait to get out of here; seven weeks in exactly the same bed. Only a week to go.

ReputationRep:
    I've been out soooo much the past couple of weeks. I am involved with a society now though, yay, so perhaps that will take up my time and I won't drink. But I think they think I'm some kind of mental because I've been veering wildly between not speaking and being really outgoing. And I was so tired and felt awful last night but I went back to their house anyway but then decided to go back home and they were like "nooo have another drink! HAVE ANOTHER DRINK!!!!" and i have so much work and don't want to go anywhere near it. and washing up. and i don't want to go anywhere near that either. and laundry. and so on...

ReputationRep:
    I've been out soooo much the past couple of weeks. I am involved with a society now though, yay, so perhaps that will take up my time and I won't drink. But I think they think I'm some kind of mental because I've been veering wildly between not speaking and being really outgoing. And I was so tired and felt awful last night but I went back to their house anyway but then decided to go back home and they were like "nooo have another drink! HAVE ANOTHER DRINK!!!!" and i have so much work and don't want to go anywhere near it. and washing up. and i don't want to go anywhere near that either. and laundry. and so on...
    GOOD ON YOU; DONT GIVE IN TO PEEEER PRESSURE.

Btw, are you (or anyone actually) part of the European Society? What's it like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fait)
    GOOD ON YOU; DONT GIVE IN TO PEEEER PRESSURE.

Btw, are you (or anyone actually) part of the European Society? What's it like?

nahhh. don't really know. not a thinly disguised excuse to drink like the other area societies but other than that idk.

ReputationRep:
    nahhh. don't really know. not a thinly disguised excuse to drink like the other area societies but other than that idk.

You're telling me...

Last year, like half of the societies joined went to the pub for 'a quick one' after their sessions. :rofl:

Lest we forget about the Irish society...:rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.