Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesHo)
    bentham house is where the law school is ? never been there nor the east side of the union
    yep. think its only law and seess over on the east side anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenheroes)
    seeing as i live there no, but surprisingly i'm actually itching to get back into lectures and bentham house <3
    I'm just itching to get back home in general. I miss Camden and the crowds coming back from lectures, the lovely bagels on Brick Lane, Southgate's leafiness, athletics at Edmonton and of course all of the lovely people.

ReputationRep:
    hey, im applying for ucl next year.is there any indonesian here?or do you guys know any indonesian in ucl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audria)
    hey, im applying for ucl next year.is there any indonesian here?or do you guys know any indonesian in ucl?
    I know one, sort of anyway

ReputationRep:
    not many indonesian in ucl huh? i thought i would be "the only one" in there if i get in next yeah jajaja

ReputationRep:
    there must be many more, UCL has people from all over the world. I have never experience such diversity before

ReputationRep:
    there's an indonesian soc! i was talking to one of the girls at the freshers fayre, they do really cool indonesian themed things

ReputationRep:
    woah... great to hear that then jajaja

ReputationRep:
    Are there many scandinavians at UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Capocrimini)
    Yes. There's quite a few in my hall.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt anyone will be the *only* person of a specific ethnic origin at UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james s)
    I doubt anyone will be the *only* person of a specific ethnic origin at UCL.
    Quite. Let's keep it to current student chat, yeah? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Capocrimini)
    yup, dane right here
    and the Nordic Society should become an official society beginning this year, providing enough people join

ReputationRep:
    is it weird to have a ucl hoody in several colours? i have it in grey but am eying up the navy blue. its not even like i wear it outside much, usually just for slobbing around the house or to the corner shop but damn theyre comfy.

also - anyone started looking for housing for next year yet?

ReputationRep:
    I was considering a red or green one in addition to my navy blue... before two of my friends bought those exact same colours.

I've done half-arsed searches, but nothing major. Still not really decided who to live with, my friend group wouldn't all fit in one house!

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea where to start.. all the websites i've tried are really expensive! i live at home at the moment and want to move out with friends next year, so i used the loan calculator on studentfinance direct, which told me i should have about £4000 (about £100 a week) + my job/savings, so i dont really want to be paying more than £120/£130 a week. is this even realistic?

ReputationRep:
    The minimum you should get, living away from parents in London is around £5k (it was £4850 this year, but seems to go up, probably due to inflation). That should give you a better estimate on how much you'll have.

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats the figure i had already, just doesnt seem like a lot when you break it down monthly!

ReputationRep:
    is it weird to have a ucl hoody in several colours? i have it in grey but am eying up the navy blue. its not even like i wear it outside much, usually just for slobbing around the house or to the corner shop but damn theyre comfy.

also - anyone started looking for housing for next year yet?
    One of my friends is on her 3rd hoody. Nope the normal sized ones didnt fit me. So I got the baby pink in tiny sizes. Hoodies are comfy and means you dont have to make an effort. I like wearing my own clothing though

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea where to start.. all the websites i've tried are really expensive! i live at home at the moment and want to move out with friends next year, so i used the loan calculator on studentfinance direct, which told me i should have about £4000 (about £100 a week) + my job/savings, so i dont really want to be paying more than £120/£130 a week. is this even realistic?
    That's very realistic, generous even! My friends live on Judd Street and pay £125 so it's possible to pay that amount and live close to UCL too, they're flat's pretty tiny mind. I pay £110 and live in Caledonian Road

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.