Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No problem. I don't really ever go to ULU, so there might be one there as well.

How are you finding first year? I'm currently trying to pretend I'm a Fresher again and don't have a stupid amount of work to do...:p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to fail I'm going to fail I'm going to fail or at least not do very well

Everything I'm writing this year is a pile of absolute crap but as hard as I try I don't seem to be able to improve it!! And plus I still have another 4000 words to write and I haven't even started doing reading for my second essay. Why do you have to be so stupid brain?!!?!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, i'm thinkin of joinin the bloomsbury fitness n was jus wondern if any 1 can comment on it plz? I heard tht they've recently refurbished everything and have made it bigger. Also is there enough equipment there just after lunch time to use?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizz_kid)
    Guys, i'm thinkin of joinin the bloomsbury fitness n was jus wondern if any 1 can comment on it plz? I heard tht they've recently refurbished everything and have made it bigger. Also is there enough equipment there just after lunch time to use?

Thanks.
    It's actually alright now. i used to go to ULU, but since it's been refurbished there's a lot more space for weights and cardio equipment. They've also opened the upstairs bit as well, so it's actually alright. After lunch tends to be OK, I've noticed that it tends to get busy around 5/6.

ReputationRep:
    Back in Avignon. Never ever before have I been so unenthused about catching a flight out of the UK :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adilmorrison)
    It's actually alright now. i used to go to ULU, but since it's been refurbished there's a lot more space for weights and cardio equipment. They've also opened the upstairs bit as well, so it's actually alright. After lunch tends to be OK, I've noticed that it tends to get busy around 5/6.
    Kool mate. Thanks for da info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Back in Avignon. Never ever before have I been so unenthused about catching a flight out of the UK :sigh:
    Are you finding your YA that bad? I'm kind of dreading mine now!

ReputationRep:
    No, certainly not. It's melodrama seeing mainly:

Christmas is over
    I don't expect to see my parents/family and friends for another four/five months
    It's no warmer here
    I have work to do
    The appeal of Avignon runs out after two weeks, let alone four months

ReputationRep:
    Term finishes on 21 January here, so should be off in the days to come. Then I have ten days to find a flat.

I've looked at the calendar and it's not promising for holidays. If I don't get a reading week in February/March I'll be taking one anyway, I've decided.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    I'm not sure if I'll even have that much chance to get home and see my parents during my Year Abroad. Unimi's holidays start on the 23rd December and end on the 7th January. Easter is less than a week, starting the day before Good Friday and the only other time off is 3 days for Carnival. So if it snows like it did this year, I'm kind of buggered for Christmas. And all the flights will be super expensive, since I will literally be flying Christmas Eve and the day before Easter. Woo :woo:

Any idea where you're off to, Adil?

When are you off to Spain, rockrunride?

I have to fill in my application for Milan and I have no sensible academic reasons why I want to go there. I don't think "the boys are hot" and "i like shopping in places i can't afford" are good enough reasons.
    I have absolutely no idea what I'm meant to be doing LOL! My friend just told me that applications have to be in for the beginning of term, but I don't know what to do! I'm planning to apply to Basel, Innsbruck and Vienna! Where are you applying, aside from Milan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flying twig)
    I'm going to fail I'm going to fail I'm going to fail or at least not do very well

Everything I'm writing this year is a pile of absolute crap but as hard as I try I don't seem to be able to improve it!! And plus I still have another 4000 words to write and I haven't even started doing reading for my second essay. Why do you have to be so stupid brain?!!?!
    ROFL you wrote this six days ago, I have over 8,000 left to write and I haven't started any reading and I have less than that left.

How is yours going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adilmorrison)
    I have absolutely no idea what I'm meant to be doing LOL! My friend just told me that applications have to be in for the beginning of term, but I don't know what to do! I'm planning to apply to Basel, Innsbruck and Vienna! Where are you applying, aside from Milan?
    Are you just a German now? Vienna is so beautiful, I wish I could go back. We only have to choose two cities, so I've got Milan and Rome. Although I don't really mind where I end up, if I get rejected from Milan. No one I know wants to go there though, so fingers crossed. I don't care if people think I've got bad taste, it means less competition. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    For Avignon I think I remember putting "never been to Provence, mum's been to Avignon and told me stories, want to learn the southern accent, intimate town, want to go to Italy, hot weather".

According to the UV term calendar there's only one week of holidays at Easter between now and June. Not that I made much sense of it though (it's only available in Catalan).

ReputationRep:
    Valencia. Apparently Catalan (or Valencian as they call it) isn't used as much there as it is up in Barcelona, presumably because of the identity of Catalonia as more autonomous etc.

ReputationRep:
    There's no way in hell I would want to go to a Catalan university, the reason I would be in Spain is to learn Spanish not Catalan (which sounds like Portuguese in a blender tbph).

If I had stayed doing Spanish and Russian (:moon:) I would have wanted to either go to Madrid (for the city living) or Granada/Sevilla (for teh food and teh pretty :coma:). Cataluña can go consumate itself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Are you just a German now? Vienna is so beautiful, I wish I could go back. We only have to choose two cities, so I've got Milan and Rome. Although I don't really mind where I end up, if I get rejected from Milan. No one I know wants to go there though, so fingers crossed. I don't care if people think I've got bad taste, it means less competition. :lol:
    Yup! Just straight German, which should make things simpler! All of the people I know doing Italian and German don't want to go to Milan! It's same thing with Switzerland, so I'm hoping I should get it! Everyone is worried about coming back speaking a strange dialect! I'd quite like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    There's no way in hell I would want to go to a Catalan university, the reason I would be in Spain is to learn Spanish not Catalan (which sounds like Portuguese in a blender tbph).

If I had stayed doing Spanish and Russian (:moon:) I would have wanted to either go to Madrid (for the city living) or Granada/Sevilla (for teh food and teh pretty :coma:). Cataluña can go consumate itself
    Applied for the former and was conveniently told after I applied that there were no half-year places

Then applied for Valencia for the beach tbh. I've heard Catalan is only used amongst the oldies anyway (all the street names are in Spanish and I've heard most schools teach in Spanish as well).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Applied for the former and was conveniently told after I applied that there were no half-year places

Then applied for Valencia for the beach tbh. I've heard Catalan is only used amongst the oldies anyway (all the street names are in Spanish and I've heard most schools teach in Spanish as well).
    I have two words for you my friend. Port Aventura.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I have two words for you my friend. Port Aventura.

If ever a bank holiday weekend comes up it's second on my list after Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    ROFL you wrote this six days ago, I have over 8,000 left to write and I haven't started any reading and I have less than that left.

How is yours going?
    I have finished one and got 1000 words for the other. That's probably not making you feel any better, but I feel better after reading this so thanks!

10000 is a ridiculous amount to begin with

I'm trying to finish my other one tonight but cannot think of anything to write. I have no objections/opinions on anything ever. I've been looking at the computer all day and have only added 50 words

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.