Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ditto that being realistic. I'd say 100-130 is pretty normal, depending on where/how lush it is.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot wait to get back to London! Although I'm struggling with Wordsworth and have found out that I won't have the same seminar leaders for a few things this term *weep*

ReputationRep:
    Hey smoo, how's reading going/gone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokit)
    One of my friends is on her 3rd hoody. Nope the normal sized ones didnt fit me. So I got the baby pink in tiny sizes. Hoodies are comfy and means you dont have to make an effort. I like wearing my own clothing though
    it's really weird cos with exception to the med school hoody they all look gash

ReputationRep:
    what are the gcse requirements like for courses such as economics, law and history? do you think I will recieve an offer? I'm predicted AAB

ReputationRep:
    Are you a current UCL student? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    no, but i thought i would save myself the trouble of starting a thread and just ask people in here? is that a problem mr daniel?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, suspicious... you may be able lie beautifully but you lack some of the other vital facets of being a current UCL student - for example, going to the uni.

To attempt to answer the question - I have no idea about GCSEs, my GCSEs were frankly pretty average but then Archaeology probably isn't that oversubscribed. I can tell you however, that I think all the courses you mention require AAA, so your chances are nil with those grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed.)
    Hmm, suspicious... you may be able lie beautifully but you lack some of the other vital facets of being a current UCL student - for example, going to the uni.

To attempt to answer the question - I have no idea about GCSEs, my GCSEs were frankly pretty average but then Archaeology probably isn't that oversubscribed. I can tell you however, that I think all the courses you mention require AAA, so your chances are nil with those grades.
    why does everyone have to comment on my username :rolleyes: it was in my head while i created this account because i just needed some advice on unis :shifty:

i know, i just looked on their website and it says they want AAA :shifty:

thanks, beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Your answers are here:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/...shs/economics/
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/...s/shs/history/
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/...ctus/laws/law/

But to summarise, GCSE requirements are not stringent, but the typical offer for all three 'straight' courses (i.e. nothing like Economics with Geography is AAA. Whilst I don't know if you will get an offer, I suppose the assumption would have to be it's not as likely as if you had AAA, which many will.

EDIT: Blast, beaten to it. And with all those cracking links too. What a shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    Your answers are here:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/...shs/economics/
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/...s/shs/history/
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prosp-students/...ctus/laws/law/

But to summarise, GCSE requirements are not stringent, but the typical offer for all three 'straight' courses (i.e. nothing like Economics with Geography is AAA. Whilst I don't know if you will get an offer, I suppose the assumption would have to be it's not as likely as if you had AAA, which many will.

EDIT: Blast, beaten to it. And with all those cracking links too. What a shame.
    thanks for that. i guess i need to take part in some volunatary work or something, which should make me stand out.

what was the edit for

Beautiful Liar_x

ReputationRep:
    Edit was because by the time I posted, the conversation had moved on. SO I added it as an afterthought to the original post. It's good etiquette online to let people know if you have altered your post retrospectively, so that if somebody quotes you, it's visible what changes were made.

ReputationRep:
    how can I get 3 As? what motivated you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    Edit was because by the time I posted, the conversation had moved on. SO I added it as an afterthought to the original post. It's good etiquette online to let people know if you have altered your post retrospectively, so that if somebody quotes you, it's visible what changes were made.
    o em gee. that was really scary how we posted at exactly the same time! :eek: could this be a sign of something :eek:

seriously though how am i going to manage AAA? and are you in your first year?

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha nothing. Got ABB - lower demand courses FTW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann)
    I like big words

(Original post by Ed.)
    Ha ha nothing. Got ABB - lower demand courses FTW.
    lucky you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beautiful Liar)
    how can I get 3 As? what motivated you?
    not as hard as it sounds, just do lots of practice papers. all i did, got aaa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenheroes)
    not as hard as it sounds, just do lots of practice papers. all i did, got aaa.
    Hey you still at home or did you get a place in halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokit)
    Hey you still at home or did you get a place in halls?
    still at home
    i'm just gonna hold tight and put up with home for the rest of this year and move out next year. its only a few months to go when you factor in easter holidays and that..:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beautiful Liar)
    o em gee. that was really scary how we posted at exactly the same time! :eek: could this be a sign of something :eek:

seriously though how am i going to manage AAA? and are you in your first year?
    Second year at UCL, but I also gapped. In fact, I just turned 21. :cool:

Go me.

P.S. - I only managed AABB, and after lots of soul searching, decided to try and get into UCL again by doing another A-level in a gap year. Best decision I ever made. I think what has to motivate you is finding the right course, and having the willpower to make it happen. But yeah, even getting AAB does not have to be the end of the road. I'm proof!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.