Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Lol, depressing, but good because you can get work done no?
    You'd think so....but no. The good thing though is that I don't have to wait 10 hours to get a computer. THANK GOD.

Btw is anyone going the Summer Ball?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fait)
    You'd think so....but no. The good thing though is that I don't have to wait 10 hours to get a computer. THANK GOD.

I work by the computers in Valencia uni's humanities library since it's funnily enough the easiest place to get a seat, but it's now just so ridiculously baking hot in there that I have to get up earlier for a reading room place.

As for the Summer Ball, I learned my lesson last year, never again, never ever.

ReputationRep:
    No way to summer ball. I suspected it would be a rip off last year and didn't buy a ticket. Most of my friends did, and said it was a complete waste of money. I just can't work out what the £40 is meant to give you- no free drinks, no food, it's on UCL grounds so surely not much of a rental fee for the event?

ReputationRep:
    tbh i bet UCL management charge the union for use.

ReputationRep:
    As we've seen in the past, moneygrabbers :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fait)

When is your last exam? I still have one tomorrow and Wednesday :colonhash:

I've barely revised and I've done awfully on my other exams. I feel very sorry for myself :dong::emo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going summer ball, really excited! got my dress today

ReputationRep:
    Okay so all this time I was thinking my exams were tomorrow and wednesday so I spend all day today frantically revising only to now discover that it is past midnight and the 31st not the 1st meaning that I actually have an extra day

I suppose I should be happy but actually I just want them to be OVER WITH and also could have gone out tonight instead of staying in and driving myself crazy trying to revise a terms worth of work SO ANNOYING. Exams have finally made me insane

ReputationRep:
    My (also Erasmus) HM is pulling an all-nighter for 9am exam, which starts in seven and a half hours. He mad, especially given the fact that he's Erasmus.

ReputationRep:
    got a dissertation meeting on thursdayyyyyyy. disso form is 3 months late. do i have a topic? no.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys !
    iv applied for an MSc in Nanotechnology and i got a conditional offer. One of the conditions is that i require a 75% aggregate in engineering. I have a gpa of 7.99/10 which is 72.4% .. can anyone pls tell me whether the university relaxes conditions for exceptional cases? and if so, any suggestions on what i should do?!
    I realllly want to study there !!!

ReputationRep:
    This isn't the thread for asking questions. Go and ask here and you'll get an answer. But when you do post there, explain what your 'exceptional case' would be.

ReputationRep:
    Finally course choices come up. Hello Spanish Civil War reflection lit, will do the whole-year course I think, save an hour in the exam room and the general effort of having two separate exams. Plus the course blurb makes it look fascinating :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    OMG i have a dissertation topic CAN I PLEASE HAVE MY 2ND YEAR RESULTS NOW, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hit me.

ReputationRep:
    gonna be on psychiatry and morality and social control, aint it.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good. I don't have to do a diss, but I do have to do about 16 hours of exams next year :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    oh mannnnn why? me and my friend were looking at final year courses for the best way to minimise the number of exams... but all the lit courses are SO assessment-heavy it's ridiculous. Like, 2 coursework essays and an assessed essay AND an exam? FOR REAL???

ReputationRep:
    I probably would prefer assessed essays, but having them all in at once is a bit of a problem. In French by default all 0.5 cu exam-assessed courses go up to a minimum 3h exam, from 2h in second year. Either way the two courses I want to do in French are exam-based, making 9 hours of table exams including language.

ReputationRep:
    eurgh... I understand successive years are meant to get harder but I don't understand why that entails a greater volume of work as opposed to more complex stuff...

Okay, I'm just moaning about nothing.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.