Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makisg6)
    Hi everybody,

I want to ask about the Mechanical Engineering Department of UCL. I applied for the Msc in Mechanical Engineering, but I have some concerns about the department.Although UCL is a prestigious university I hear that the mechanical department isn't so good as university's reputation in general (low rankings). Is there any postgraduate student in this department here to help me?
    Quick, delete this post before Lizia sees it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Quick, delete this post before Lizia sees it!
    Oh, I don't care anymore. Now that I'm not using TSR to procrastinate, I'm past caring. Maybe when people ignore them, they'll ask their questions in the right place (one of many reasons I'm not having children- after the novelty of parenting wore off, I'd just end up try the ignoring approach on them).

I definitely can't wait for erasmus now, if I really get that insane amount of money. I'm so poor right now while I wait for my house deposit back, every pound I spend on necessary backpacking stuff almost physically hurts. Have fun in Granada, my friend is doing his erasmus there next year and he's always raving about how awesome it is.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you read every bit of fine print possible for assessments, not that yours will matter as you're the first year where exams don't count, my rotten luck (must be me getting bad karma). Managed to get one out of ten on a translation course here for grossly failing a theory exam, thus failing the whole theory module, thus not having my exam or any of my actual translation work taken into account (which actually regularly got seven/eight out of ten).

That and missing a pass on another exam by failing one component, I actuallly feel like I've wasted my time here.

ReputationRep:
    I've just been grumbling about having to fork out £185 + £295 for Russia-related costs. I don't get no goddamn Erasmus grant The things I do for this ****ing language...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbnphlp)
    Do you guys know when the undergrad results usually come out?
    Someone answer me ffs :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbnphlp)
    Someone answer me ffs :sigh:
    HANG ON

Which undergrad results? Each department is different for giving out provisional results privately but they all go up on UCL portico at the end of july. If I were my departmental administrator I would have just sent you an email with the link to ucl.ac.uk in it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    HANG ON

Which undergrad results? Each department is different for giving out provisional results privately but they all go up on UCL portico at the end of july. If I were my departmental administrator I would have just sent you an email with the link to ucl.ac.uk in it tbh.
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    Got my results, I'm so relieved I actually managed to get a 2.1!!! It's nothing great, just an average of 65% and I know I could have done better but still I was stressing out so much over the past few days, I actually thought there was 2 modules I may have failed and I was sure I'd get like a 3rd in a few. Got a 2.2 in one module but that doesn't count towards my final result so whatever anyways, a 2.1 is all I need really

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! My results come out on Monday, but only on boards in the department. So annoyed, I've just spent two days up in London. If they'd told me earlier that results would be out on Monday, I'd have postponed my trip. I cba going in now, so it will just have to wait until I'm back again in a fortnight.

ReputationRep:
    Come on, SELCS, put my results up on the website already....argh. (Although thank you for not making me trek up to London).

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah! I passed everything!

How did you do, Lizia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)

How did you do, Lizia?
    Where did you find your results? Congratulation btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adilmorrison)
    Where did you find your results?
    There was an email to our UCL accounts. It has PDFs attached for each language dept.

ReputationRep:
    I don't deserve to pass at this rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)

How did you do, Lizia?
    Passed everything and got a 2.1 in all my modules. Sadly no firsts like last year, but also no low 2.2s either so it all works out

Congrats! Now we can enjoy the summer without fear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    There was an email to our UCL accounts. It has PDFs attached for each language dept.
    Thanks for that! I wasn't on the SELCS email list thing, so I didn't get it! I had to get my friend to forward it to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Passed everything and got a 2.1 in all my modules. Sadly no firsts like last year, but also no low 2.2s either so it all works out

Congrats! Now we can enjoy the summer without fear
    You found out already?! Congrats! OUr department said "end of july" with no dates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizz_kid)
    You found out already?! Congrats! OUr department said "end of july" with no dates!
    Thanks. These are just provisional results technically, but from experience they don't change much. Last year we didn't get ours until the 21st July, so I know what the wait's like. Hang in there :p: What department are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Thanks. These are just provisional results technically, but from experience they don't change much. Last year we didn't get ours until the 21st July, so I know what the wait's like. Hang in there :p: What department are you in?
    Thanks for that. Lucky u! Electronic engineering. N u?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can someone help me out please
    Just got preliminary results (which count 90%, 10% is coursework) and next to one module I have written RQ, which I just about passed.
    My coursework is above 90%, which will bump up my overall mark for that module to 45-50.

does RQ just mean they haven't considered my coursework and it might weigh me down and cause to fail that module?
    How likely that in my case I have an actual referral? Are preliminary and final results likely to change much?

thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.