Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Now all modules confirmed, **** gets real.

Neglected to spend very long in the library today but was thoroughly relaxed by jazz in the South Quad after the library shut!

You know it's Friday when there's jazz in the South Quad..

ReputationRep:
    Just got my MSc results back today and turns out I got a distinction! Woohoo!
    Anyone know when postgrads graduate after having passed? Do they get the June graduation slot or do they have to wait till Aug/Sept?

ReputationRep:
    Just realised I am now actually a current UCL student and therefore eligible to post in this thread :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm also eligible to post in this thread

ReputationRep:
    Yay, finally officially a Fresher!

It seems incredible how someone's Fresher's Week might get so busy and complicated. My modules have got a bit messed up in terms of Language Centre (0.5 unit onstead of a 1.0 one), I have two clashes tomorrow (disabled students' meeting and transition) and I still haven't managed to open a British bank account nor get myself a UK number. But well, I still love the uni so far!! It's so amazing to taste freedom for the first time in my life, no parents around, buses operating even at 11 pm (remember, I am a profound villager!) and so many social events

ReputationRep:
    Koko/Vodpop/Moonies alright then, freshers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    I have thus far experienced Koko and Moonies had a great time but I am now feeling distinctly unpleasantly ill, assuming this is the infamous fresher's flu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirtyoldriver)
    I have thus far experienced Koko and Moonies had a great time but I am now feeling distinctly unpleasantly ill, assuming this is the infamous fresher's flu.
    That's a hangover :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    didn't like vodpop...anw what are the other student places good to go throughout the year?

ReputationRep:
    Does Vodpop even still exist? One of the events in freshers was called vodpop, then never another one after that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Does Vodpop even still exist? One of the events in freshers was called vodpop, then never another one after that...
    Every monday apparently, there's one next week too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Yeah there was one a month when I was a fresher in first term, then it fizzled out because nobody rated it; after the first two everyone realised it was a massive sausage fest and went to Moonies instead where the same was true but on a lesser scale, and Moonies had cheaper drinks.

How's Milan by the way?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there was one a month when I was a fresher in first term, then it fizzled out because nobody rated it; after the first two everyone realised it was a massive sausage fest and went to Moonies instead where the same was true but on a lesser scale, and Moonies had cheaper drinks.

How's Milan by the way?
    Milan is awesome. The weather is still really lovely at the moment, everyone at ESN seems really nice, and my flat is great. Lectures are awful, I don't understand a word and they're non-compulsory so it's really tempting to just stay home and do the reading. It feels a bit weird at the moment because although I've met people and gone out lots, I obviously don't know them that well so I find myself comparing them to my 'real' friends back home. I'll get over it though How is it being back in London?

Although my facebook was full of friends back in London raving about the first moonies of term and I was actually a little jealous. What is wrong with me?!

ReputationRep:
    I have literally never seen drinks as expensive as they were in Koko in my entire life :eek: Someone paid in excess of £8 for a double vodka and coke. I mean, what?

Went to Phineas last night and discovered that it's basically a sauna For £1.60 drinks though, can we even complain?

ReputationRep:
    Go to Ruby Blue in Leicester Square. I once paid £12 for a double vodka orange (very drunk already, I should add). And then come to Milan. My friend paid €10 for a shot yesterday.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by kerily)
    I have literally never seen drinks as expensive as they were in Koko in my entire life :eek: Someone paid in excess of £8 for a double vodka and coke. I mean, what?

Went to Phineas last night and discovered that it's basically a sauna For £1.60 drinks though, can we even complain?
    The heat in there :O Drinks aren't too bad but the music is way too loud for a bar without dancing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    The heat in there :O Drinks aren't too bad but the music is way too loud for a bar without dancing.
    You can kind of talk. Kind of. If you shout.

Speaking of heat, who's been to the Freshers' Fayre? Oh dear lord. I thought I was going to melt into a small puddle on the floor.

ReputationRep:
    You can kind of talk. Kind of. If you shout.

Speaking of heat, who's been to the Freshers' Fayre? Oh dear lord. I thought I was going to melt into a small puddle on the floor.
    Yeah, the weather's been annoying. I think the reps should offer drinks instead of sweets and other freebies Especially Masaryk Society, as they put on their stall a statement "I LOVE BEER!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Yeah, the weather's been annoying. I think the reps should offer drinks instead of sweets and other freebies Especially Masaryk Society, as they put on their stall a statement "I LOVE BEER!"
    Do you know what the Masaryk Society actually is/does? I didn't get chance to talk to them and ask, and I kind of wanted to

I now own more promotional literature/flyers than I ever have in my entire life :yep: What's everyone signed up to?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what the Masaryk Society actually is/does? I didn't get chance to talk to them and ask, and I kind of wanted to

I now own more promotional literature/flyers than I ever have in my entire life :yep: What's everyone signed up to?
    It's a society for those interested in Middle and Eastern Europe, hence the name (Masaryk was the first president of Czechoslovakia and also helped to set up the UCL's School of Eastern European Studies). They hold some exhibitions, trips and film venues, but their activity is mostly centered around drinking, from what I've gathered from their webpages (a vodka drinking competition and a trip to Prague pubs ).

I signed up for Comedy Club (but contemplate unsubscribing as the guy at the stall looked sleepy and surprised that thre was a comedy night a few days ago), DanceSoc, DebatingSoc, DramaSoc, Pi Media, IranianSoc, IslamicSoc, Kite Club, LGBT, Young Writers Soc, MasarykSoc, MUNSoc, Music Soc, Pro Bono Soc and QuantSoc. Will reduce it afterwards. Am I not the only one signing up for too many?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.