Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    It's a society for those interested in Middle and Eastern Europe, hence the name (Masaryk was the first president of Czechoslovakia and also helped to set up the UCL's School of Eastern European Studies). They hold some exhibitions, trips and film venues, but their activity is mostly centered around drinking, from what I've gathered from their webpages (a vodka drinking competition and a trip to Prague pubs ).
    Don't mind me and my total ignorance about your homeland Now I know!

I signed up for Comedy Club (but contemplate unsubscribing as the guy at the stall looked sleepy and surprised that thre was a comedy night a few days ago), DanceSoc, DebatingSoc, DramaSoc, Pi Media, IranianSoc, IslamicSoc, Kite Club, LGBT, Young Writers Soc, MasarykSoc, MUNSoc, Music Soc, Pro Bono Soc and QuantSoc. Will reduce it afterwards. Am I not the only one signing up for too many?
    You're definitely not the only one

I signed up to LGBT (the guy's hair was actually amazing), rock and metal, music, comedy, art, Europe, German, magic, the women's one, Wing Chun, a load of the left-wing ones that were giving out leaflets outside, T'North, and probably a lot of other stuff too! I'm thinking of refining it once I've worked out whose socials and events are actually good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Milan is awesome. The weather is still really lovely at the moment, everyone at ESN seems really nice, and my flat is great. Lectures are awful, I don't understand a word and they're non-compulsory so it's really tempting to just stay home and do the reading. It feels a bit weird at the moment because although I've met people and gone out lots, I obviously don't know them that well so I find myself comparing them to my 'real' friends back home. I'll get over it though How is it being back in London?

Although my facebook was full of friends back in London raving about the first moonies of term and I was actually a little jealous. What is wrong with me?!
    Sounds good! Was similar for me in France, just picked and chose depending on what tickled the fancy. Really happy to be back here myself, now I speak and French and Spanish [slightly] better I've got a bit more confidence about being a finalist. Missing the recently graduated friends dearly though, went to Roxy last night and there was something missing!

As for Freshers' Fayre, yuck. I was in that stupid tent in the quad promoting for the athletics club. It was about 35 degrees inside and 95% humidity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    I signed up to LGBT (the guy's hair was actually amazing), rock and metal, music, comedy, art, Europe, German, magic, the women's one, Wing Chun, a load of the left-wing ones that were giving out leaflets outside, T'North, and probably a lot of other stuff too! I'm thinking of refining it once I've worked out whose socials and events are actually good
    And I thought such people exist only at pride marches

Have you guys also received that email about language courses run by SEES? I was amazed by Albanian classes, but, unfortunately, they are pricy (and, besides, I won't have so much time with my societies).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    As for Freshers' Fayre, yuck. I was in that stupid tent in the quad promoting for the athletics club. It was about 35 degrees inside and 95% humidity.
    I must have walked past you today then. That's a strange thought. It was absolutely horrible in there - I was absolutely melting Poor you being in there for hours on end!

(Original post by Ivanka)
    And I thought such people exist only at pride marches

Have you guys also received that email about language courses run by SEES? I was amazed by Albanian classes, but, unfortunately, they are pricy (and, besides, I won't have so much time with my societies).
    His hair is even better than mine. I was crushed :emo:

I got the email and really wanted to learn Croatian, but I don't have like £200 lying around - I might have a crafty use of their resources in the languages centre though

ReputationRep:
    It was ridiculously hot at the freshers fayre but the free pizza pretty much made up for all of that.

ReputationRep:
    hi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hhanr)
    It was ridiculously hot at the freshers fayre but the free pizza pretty much made up for all of that.
    Every time I got there they were just out of Pizza. Saw people coming back the other way with some in the queue. So yeah, for me it was just ridiculously hot.

I signed up for so much stuff. Wonder if that leaves time to actually mathematize.

Anyway: Badminton, Ultimate, Anime, Japan, Fencing, Kendo, Taekwondo, Rock and Heavy Metal, Snow Sports, Gliding, SciFi & Fantasy, Amnesty, Atheist, Secularist and Humanist society, Lacrosse, LGBT, Cheese Graters, Comedy Club, Tech Society, and, it would seem, the Nordic Society.

ReputationRep:
    Any1 part of any committe for any societies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAngryMongoose)
    Anyway: Badminton, Ultimate, Anime, Japan, Fencing, Kendo, Taekwondo, Rock and Heavy Metal, Snow Sports, Gliding, SciFi & Fantasy, Amnesty, Atheist, Secularist and Humanist society, Lacrosse, LGBT, Cheese Graters, Comedy Club, Tech Society, and, it would seem, the Nordic Society.
    yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diracdeltafunc)
    Any1 part of any committe for any societies?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    Could you kindly reply to my PM please mate?!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when we should be expecting payment of our bursaries?

ReputationRep:
    Later this month I think, around the 17th to the 20th.

ReputationRep:
    Later this month I think, around the 17th to the 20th.
    Can you remember when you got your first Erasmus grant payment last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainman88)
    Can you remember when you got your first Erasmus grant payment last year?
    Seem to remember a friend going home during Toussaint and saying "Drinks are on me now I've got my Erasmus grant!" so late October as well I'm guessing.

ReputationRep:
    Seem to remember a friend going home during Toussaint and saying "Drinks are on me now I've got my Erasmus grant!" so late October as well I'm guessing.
    Thanks! I only arrived yesterday and I could already do with the money LOL!

ReputationRep:
    I got my erasmus grant about a week ago. And others got them even earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    I got my erasmus grant about a week ago. And others got them even earlier.
    Oh... Then maybe I should check my bank account LOL... Mind you, my term hasn't even started yet...

ReputationRep:
    Off to lectures after 5 months off - will be tough! :P

ReputationRep:
    I only have 10 hours timetabled this week Wednesdays and Thursdays off, nothing until 2pm today.

Unfortunately I have about a gazillion other things to do today and I am still sitting here on the internet

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.