Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HHPP)
    This is such a pointless question I can't believe I'm even asking:
    So I've been at UCL for 3 weeks. Sadly I can't afford to buy lunch at union cafes every day anymore So I've started to make packed lunches and as the weather's been amazing just eating in Gordon Square gardens. But when it gets freezing in winter is there anywhere to eat your own food inside? What do other UCL students do? Or does everyone just buy food at the refectory or whatever?
    First world problems........
    In the union, or in the theatre where those tables are. Or does your department have a common room? E.G. Chandler House (linguistics) has a lot of space to eat (we have a kitchen too)! And Bedford Way has a common room/ cafe where people eat. Not sure about other departments but there must be similar things elsewhere!

ReputationRep:
    Darwin has one on the first floor where you're able to eat between certain hours. Apparently it's unsightly to be seen eating throughout the day, so it's been limited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gumball)
    Darwin has one on the first floor where you're able to eat between certain hours. Apparently it's unsightly to be seen eating throughout the day, so it's been limited!
    :teehee: Is that the official reason?

The coffee machine in the Christopher Ingold building was giving out free coffee until yesterday (if you brought your own cup), but they've slapped an 'out of order' sign on it finally. Gutted :emo:

ReputationRep:
    That's what I've been sold by our tour guide. >_>

ReputationRep:
    Just had my first stilldrunkfromnightbefore tutorial. Wanted to die :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Roxy is no longer part of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Roxy is no longer part of my life
    I still haven't been. Nearly made it last night but everyone took 5 steps out of the accommodation and went "wait, it's ****" and went back inside to drink more :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirtyoldriver)
    I still haven't been. Nearly made it last night but everyone took 5 steps out of the accommodation and went "wait, it's ****" and went back inside to drink more :p:
    I haven't been yet either. I've heard almost equal amounts of 'it's great!' and 'it's ****.'
    (the 'it's ****' being of the greater proportion). Actually, I don't even know where it is.

ReputationRep:
    I miss the roxy. It's ****, but in a good way haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    I miss the roxy. It's ****, but in a good way haha.
    ****ter or less **** than moonies?

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Roxy once...it was damn boring. I heard so much about it, good things (full of UCL students, cheap) and bad things (grimy, makeout central, I don't mind that, THAT much.) It was the second week of this term and I really expected it to be good but it was just disappointing.

I've never been to Moonies but my friend went there once sober and she said it was the worst experience of her life. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    I think Moonies is one of those places that gets progressively better the more wasted you are. I quite enjoyed it.

Apparently we missed out on a hoard of X-factor contestants at the Roxy on Wednesday :rolleyes: didn't realise it was a 'celebrity' hangout :p:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the Roxy to Moonies, but solely based on the drinks- £8 pitchers at the Roxy appeal to me more than 80p drinks at moonies simply because moonies drinks all taste foul. If I wasn't drinking at the club, I'd prefer moonies I think, because there isn't such a ridiculous queue to get in. In general though, they're both about equal once you're inside and aren't drinking.

ReputationRep:
    Taken in the Christopher Ingold Building computer room. Made my day.

:awesome:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when the gym is the less busiest? and when is it the most busiest? I went during lunch hour the other day and it was packed!!

ReputationRep:
    Well it would be packed in the lunch hour. At ULU, the gym was fairly quiet any time that wasn't lunch time or between 4 and 8pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Anyone know when the gym is the less busiest? and when is it the most busiest? I went during lunch hour the other day and it was packed!!
    I can't remember exactly but there is a notice board when you go in that has that info.

ReputationRep:
    Uni gyms are always really busy at the start of a new year, when a ton of (mainly Freshers) new people sign up to try it. Give it 2 months and it'll thin out, and over the summer it'll probably be fairly empty.

ReputationRep:
    Ooohhh good to hear that. Looks like I may as well subscribe to it. The gym is decent for £155 although it is a bit thin on the weights side.

ReputationRep:
    How do you get onto wireless internet on campus? Never had to use it before, and I'm a bit clueless. Tried logging in with usual userid and password but didn't work. Help please?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.