Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't feeling it until this week but I'm genuinely looking forward to a trip home on the 10th. I miss the countryside and my dogs :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I applied for history with a year abroad 2012 entry, anybody here on the course and how are you finding it? thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    SELCS is seriously poor.

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing about uni so far has been the ridiculous amount of things stolen from the fridge.

This includes a half eaten yogurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hhanr)
    The worst thing about uni so far has been the ridiculous amount of things stolen from the fridge.

Poor you That's why I eat things immediately after taking them home.

Another thing that pisses me off about halls is the mess in the showers. It's okay to have a shower in the evening, but I can't do it in the morning as some morons leave both cabins in a horrible state - either there is a lot of hair or some green liquid on the floor. I basically have to wait until a cleaner arrives or give up.

ReputationRep:
    Those were the ups of living in a relatively intimate hall (not to mention just refurbished!) : no ****ty showers, no food stealing, little noisy sex, few ridiculous fire alarms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    I've got 2 essays to do for the end of this month. Urgh.

If you had a 2500 word essay, how long do you think you'd spend on it, including reading for it, excluding procrastination?

first year: between 3-4 hours (one afternoon) and 10 hours (spread over a few weeks)

second year: 7-11 hours (one day)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Poor you That's why I eat things immediately after taking them home.

Another thing that pisses me off about halls is the mess in the showers. It's okay to have a shower in the evening, but I can't do it in the morning as some morons leave both cabins in a horrible state - either there is a lot of hair or some green liquid on the floor. I basically have to wait until a cleaner arrives or give up.
    Ahh, our showers are pretty good, there are 5 of them on our corridor so it works out okay. We can't open our windows properly though that's reaaaaally annoying.

(Original post by rockrunride)
    Those were the ups of living in a relatively intimate hall (not to mention just refurbished!) : no ****ty showers, no food stealing, little noisy sex, few ridiculous fire alarms.
    As large as ours is we haven't had any fire alarms yet. Though the other day I was in the shower and thought i heard it go off, apparently it was just a fire engine across the road but I was ****ting myself.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Hhanr)
    Ahh, our showers are pretty good, there are 5 of them on our corridor so it works out okay. We can't open our windows properly though that's reaaaaally annoying.

As large as ours is we haven't had any fire alarms yet. Though the other day I was in the shower and thought i heard it go off, apparently it was just a fire engine across the road but I was ****ting myself.
    We've had 6 already, the majority of which have been at 3 am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hhanr)

Haha , thats funny lol , i guess it was a blessing in disguise for having my room in halls withdrawn apparently due to not paying deposit . I m loving commuting to uni everyday and oh , not worried about someone nicking my food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    A disproportionate amount of UCL maths people appear to be pretty active on TSR. Says something about the course, possibly

I need to know who you are now :pierre: Except, you know, 200 people per lecture, I doubt it's that easy
    What's the moodle enrolment key for analysis? I fancy having a browse of the problem sheets you're talking about

ReputationRep:
    Any linguistic student having experiences with semantics willing to check my homework? Please...

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late for me to join a society? Can you join any time during the year or just during those 2 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valh)
    Is it too late for me to join a society? Can you join any time during the year or just during those 2 weeks?
    You can join at any point during the year

ReputationRep:
    This thread's nearly three years old, lol. I'm so making an alumni thread when I graduate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamz0770)
    You can join at any point during the year
    Great, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Any linguistic student having experiences with semantics willing to check my homework? Please...
    Don't know how helpful I'll be but feel free to send anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    What's the moodle enrolment key for analysis? I fancy having a browse of the problem sheets you're talking about
    I was automatically enrolled, so I have no idea, sorry!

(Although I could email you the .PDFs if you so wished...)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what sort of results you need to receive the UCL Faculty Undergraduate Scholarship for Excellence (ooh, mouthful!)? So far, I've got firsts only (but I think it will change with my disasterous literature essay, haha...), but I reckon a) there are better people than me and b) it's probably very competitive, so every mark plays part...or not?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what sort of results you need to receive the UCL Faculty Undergraduate Scholarship for Excellence (ooh, mouthful!)? So far, I've got firsts only (but I think it will change with my disasterous literature essay, haha...), but I reckon a) there are better people than me and b) it's probably very competitive, so every mark plays part...or not?
    good question!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.