Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help needed on re-wording an A2 history coursework title? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so basically i was planning to do something about medieval medicine for my A2 coursework. The title was " To what extent was medieval medicine in Britain based on superstition rather then science".

Problem is we all send off these OCR forms with our title, how we were gonna approach it etc etc. Anyway we all got them back like two weeks ago and basically all of us got told our questions would make really bad essays.

He said how with mine there wasn't much of a debate and how their would be a lack of info etc etc. Also the time line it spans was too large

Now i have an ok amount of research, i think i could write a good essay relating to this topic but i need a better questions i guess, something more focused.

Has anyone done history of medicine at all? I really like medicine so i wanted to do an essay on that but i need to think of a better question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Ok so basically i was planning to do something about medieval medicine for my A2 coursework. The title was " To what extent was medieval medicine in Britain based on superstition rather then science".

Problem is we all send off these OCR forms with our title, how we were gonna approach it etc etc. Anyway we all got them back like two weeks ago and basically all of us got told our questions would make really bad essays.

He said how with mine there wasn't much of a debate and how their would be a lack of info etc etc. Also the time line it spans was too large

Now i have an ok amount of research, i think i could write a good essay relating to this topic but i need a better questions i guess, something more focused.

Has anyone done history of medicine at all? I really like medicine so i wanted to do an essay on that but i need to think of a better question...
    How about, "To what extent was the treatment used against the Black Death based purely on superstition rather than science?"

or "To what extent did demographic change in the High Middle Ages affect the spread of disease in Europe?"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.