The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think I have stayed the same lol
jismith1989
I just have to point out the correlation between your A-Levels and your repellence.

uber-lollage :biggrin: Do my results indicate a capacity to repel? How insightful. Go home and stay there.
about the same.
8A* 2As at GCSE
4As, and A in A2 in year 12. Wished id get slightly better module results - but i was happyish with them.

People peak at different times/get bored with the education system/have other factors affecting them etc. So its different from person to person
Reply 23
T-o dore
Pretty normal on tsr :p: But thanks

lol tsr is worse than my mom, its made me feel even thicker :P
made me realise i need to get my act together though lol
2 A*s, 8 As, 1 B at GCSE.
AABC at A level so I was a little dissapointed :/

I blame the C on poor teaching :p: but I definitely could have worked harder.
Reply 25
I got 2 A*s, 2 As, 6 Bs and a D (in PE) for my GCSEs. I got ABCC for my AS's the first time round. I resat a psych module to bump one of those Cs up to a B, so I got ABBC overall for my AS grades (and ABB for my A2s) So, no, they were pretty much on the same level.
Reply 26
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
2 A*s, 8 As, 1 B at GCSE.
AABC at A level so I was a little dissapointed :/

I blame the C on poor teaching :p: but I definitely could have worked harder.

lol i tried the blame it on the teacher but i got the my lowest with one of teh best teachers at the college :s-smilie:

looks like i'll have to work harder too :/ (Y) lol
Less so in July than in January.
errr i suppose you could say that but my mum didnt go mad.

GCSE 2 A*s 6As 1B and 4Cs
AS BBCDE
2A's 6B's at GCSE to CCD at AS :frown:
Reply 30
A*AAAABBBBBC at GCSE to BBCCD at AS (one of the B's being general studies). No worries though, i've dropped the D and the rest are are going up. Hoping for BBB but expecting BBC at the end of it. :smile:
Er, according to gradeinfo I should have got AAAe but because I did 5 subjects, I still managed to get the points that they guessed I would, but with worse grades. So...Not really shocking, no. A Level results were disappointing but not shocking.
Quite the contrary (but it depends on how highly you value an A2 in Year 11).
Probably slightly worse. :frown:
Reply 34
My AS' were much better..

Got 1 A*, 7A's, 3B's and a C.

Got 3A's and 2B's at AS.
Other way round for me; I didn't do that well at GCSE but have an AS average of over 95%.
My results seemingly improved GCSE to AS Level
GCSE: 3x A* 4x A 2xB
AS Level: AAAAB

The essay format of AS suited me much better than the more Q&A style of GCSE.
GCSEs...I was kinda expecting the grades that I got (7A* 2A to start with) but not in the subjects I got them in. Was hoping for A*s in 3 sciences, maths, French, Latin, As in the Englishs and RS could've been anything. Wasn't shocked by the A in Bio, but I was disappointed, and I was pretty shocked with the A* in RS as I thought the exam went badly. A* in English...was pleasing, but I thought the exam went well.

As for AS, I was shocked at how high my Economics mark was, especially the full UMS in the 1st module. Especially surprised at the fact it was my 2nd highest of the 4. Maths...not surprised it was my highest, though I know I could've done even better (don't get my wrong, I'm not disappointed with my marks!). Biology, about what I expected, Chem...was hoping for higher UMS, but nevermind. So not much shocking stuff, but hey.

And now I probably sound really arrogant for not being shocked at getting straight As at AS and mostly A*s at GCSE...and maybe I am.
Reply 38
yes - so bummed about AS!!!!!

6 A* and 4 A for GCSE and now ABBC!!!!! no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
especially maths - i was 6 marks off 100% in my maths gcse and am now scraping a C!

sad times.
I got hardly any GCSEs, but AAAAAB at AS...

Latest