The Student Room Group

safest university cities

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hmm Nottingham not very safe imo. Wouldnt like to walk home at night alone there!

Safest - Exeter, Falmouth!
Reply 41
Pretty much all cities are safe as long as you aren't being a twit.
to whoever repped me.. ACTUALLY my physics teacher.. the legendary Kingston Koo did a bachelors, masters AND PHd there and if Warwick produces geniuses like him then it must be good :smile:
btw, i dont really think having a uni far away from everything is that bad.. each unto their own and all that
Offtopic:

geminibubblegum
Orientation: Straight, hopefully
(profile)

wtf is that 'pose to mean?
Reply 44
jismith1989
I missed that. :frown:

you didn't go to the fire talk?!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 45
geminibubblegum
i dont really think having a uni far away from everything is that bad.. each unto their own and all that

What, on the edge of a large city, just fifteen minutes from the city centre?

I've said it before, I'll say it again, people must think Warwick's miles away from civilisation.
Sheffield is apparently very safe. I've never had any problems in Leeds, myself, but I don't live in the Hyde Park/Headingley area.
Ekpyrotic
wtf is that 'pose to mean?

If you want to nit pick then I'll change it
Reply 48
-WhySoSerious?
Nottingham :yep: :biggrin:

You mean Shottingham.
I would reckon stirling is pretty safe, or st andrews. Most unis are in pretty safe locations though, they don't tend to be in massively violent parts of town.
Reply 50
i would reckon Surrey univerity in Guilford because nothing hardly happens in Guilford

o yeah guilford isnt a city right
Reply 51
York, unless you're an unlocked bicycle.

Though according to that Independent article, we're 16th worst. Probably because of complacent cyclists.
OhNO!
you didn't go to the fire talk?!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:p: To be fair, I did know about it, but decided against it -- mainly because I had quite a lot of language work to do but also because it sounded like it would be the usual tosh everyone should already know!

Flaming sheep on the other hand...
Magical Moogles
I may be stereotypical but I hear that Glasgow is a very unsafe city. I think they are trying to make people think it is safe now, but even so I would never go there.

You would never go there?

That's such a shame, Glasgow is actually great. Not really rough like everyone makes out, of course it has its parts but don't all cities?

I'm constantly in Glasgow and have never experienced any violence, and i always feel safe because there are always loads of people around. :smile:
Reply 54
Glasgows a lovley place to live 8-)

hahaha, i'm not fooling anybody :biggrin:
Reply 55
JamesBowater
The boring cities... York

york is a safe place....but no way boring, you've obviously never been out here
Manchester (not).
Reply 57
Id say in my year and nearly a half in Liverpool, Ive never had much hassle, and my student accom is in Edge Hill, which is a bit of a dodgy area. Though I know there's prostitutes and crack dens around.

Other Uni cities Ive been to (to see mates), Manchester I reckon was pretty safe (as long as you dont hang round the wrong areas), and the other one is Glasgow which personally I thought was okay.
Reply 58
Bath is very safe. I live here and have never had any trouble. I think as long as you're streetwise (eg. don't go to dodgy areas, don't be too rowdy, don't answer back to chavs etc) you should be pretty safe in any city. I think a lot of cities such as Manchester and Nottingham get slated safety-wise in the media due to a few dodgy areas that drag the whole city. I think people get so hyped about how 'safe' a place is. If places were really that bad then no one would live there! But yes, Bath is very 'safe'.
Reply 59
Original post by JamesBowater
The boring cities... York

The f**k is York safest, this week one of my mates has had a brick lobbed through his window and another mate got mugged last night on his way to the shops, all within the first week of uni. Plus York is not a boring city at all, it's got great nightlife, great shops and is usually quite a friendly city.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending