The Student Room Group

Help asap

hi, i’m in year 12 but i got kicked out of my school for attendance and i should be going back to school in september to start year 12 again but i wanna go to uni when all my friends are going, is there an alternative in how to get to uni in a year
Original post by troubledstudent1
hi, i’m in year 12 but i got kicked out of my school for attendance and i should be going back to school in september to start year 12 again but i wanna go to uni when all my friends are going, is there an alternative in how to get to uni in a year

Well... depending on the subject you can just study at home fully and pay to take the A level (and AS possibly) tests. That way you should be able to pass Y13 with the qualifications you need without even going to school.
If you are restarting Year 12 then you are starting a 2 year course, so you will have to wait for 2024 to start Uni.
And btw, no-one cares how old you are when you get to Uni.
Reply 3
Probably not. I assume all unis require A Levels to attend so if you have to restart year 12 there's no way you can complete it that quickly. Anyways, it doesn't really matter going to uni at the same time as your friends because lots of them will probably go to different unis so you won't be in the same place. you'll definitely make friends at uni no matter where u go so clinging onto ur school friends doesn;t really matter!!
Original post by troubledstudent1

If your re starting year 12 ir will be a 2 year course so you will start a year later than your friends. It wont be a major issue as you ill be attending different universities and you will make friends with next years year 12. I just hope that you have learned your lesson over attendance and fully commit to your course this year,

Quick Reply

Latest