The Student Room Group

A level History

Hello. I have great interest in choosing History as one of my a-level. Do anyone currently studying a-level History and I would like to know in a-level are there any SPAG marks or marks for grammar?
Reply 1
Original post by maryc112
Hello. I have great interest in choosing History as one of my a-level. Do anyone currently studying a-level History and I would like to know in a-level are there any SPAG marks or marks for grammar?

No SPAG!!!
i have really bad dyslexia so it’s very good for me hahha
key words have to be relatively accurate and obviously it has to make sense but no actual marks for spag :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Bella.3
No SPAG!!!
i have really bad dyslexia so it’s very good for me hahha
key words have to be relatively accurate and obviously it has to make sense but no actual marks for spag :smile:

That's great but do you know are we going to mark for our grammar as I am an ESOL student.
As said above, there are no marks available/no penalty marks for bad spelling or grammar. The only way you can lose marks for those things is if the examiner cannot understand what you have written. For example, if I said 'World Wa Two started on 1939', I could still get the marks because, despite a spelling mistake and a grammar mistake, it is still obvious what I meant. On the other hand, if I wrote 'Hitmler was a leading Nazi', I would be more unlikely to gain marks because, out of context at least, it is not clear whether I am trying to say Hitler or Himmler, both of whom were leading Nazis
Reply 4
Original post by juicygcse
As said above, there are no marks available/no penalty marks for bad spelling or grammar. The only way you can lose marks for those things is if the examiner cannot understand what you have written. For example, if I said 'World Wa Two started on 1939', I could still get the marks because, despite a spelling mistake and a grammar mistake, it is still obvious what I meant. On the other hand, if I wrote 'Hitmler was a leading Nazi', I would be more unlikely to gain marks because, out of context at least, it is not clear whether I am trying to say Hitler or Himmler, both of whom were leading Nazis

That is very clear. Thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest