The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa french

Hello everyone

Could you please tell me the pest way to prepare for my GCSE AQA French exam next year!
I am struggling with it
I have CGP BOOKS is this good?
Thank you very much
I've moved your thread to a more relevant section :smile:
Thank you very much
For reading and vocabulary, I would suggest Memrise for official vocabulary and Quizlet for words you pick up in lessons.

For writing, I would suggest using sentence builders and making sentences using more complex grammatical structures wherever you can. The vocabulary will help with this.

For speaking, I would suggest answering general questions about each topic without making notes or writing it down (for example, 'Où habites-tu ?', 'Ta caractère, c'est comment ?' and 'Qu'est-ce que tu fais pour protéger l'environnement ?'), as these will really help you in the general conversation and photocard.

For listening, I would use the exercises in your textbook if you can access them online, 1 Jour 1 Actu, and Easy French.
For writing, memorise the most generic sentences that can be applied to all themes and a few more that apply to specific themes/areas. Make sure you know a range of positive and negative adjectives and if you are taking higher learn at least 2 subjunctive forms for higher level structures. Similar advice can be applied to speaking.

For listening use past papers and the audios.

For reading do a lot of reading and comprehension tasks to make sure you know how to decipher and make answers relevant to the questions being asked.
Original post by wijdanadnan
Hello everyone

Could you please tell me the pest way to prepare for my GCSE AQA French exam next year!
I am struggling with it
I have CGP BOOKS is this good?
Thank you very much

okay first things first, if it doesn't come naturally to you, you NEED to lock down on your vocabulary-its so important for EVERYTHING. AQA have a list of words that you need to know so i recommend using that. you can use quizlet or memrise as these usually have premade flashcards for aqa french gcse vocab. it will be ur holy backup if god forbid something goes wrong during your general conversation as well. you also need it for all the other sections too obvs lolololol

next you want to focus on your module questions. make sure theyre absolutely perfect and at the right level for the grade you want. if you want, i can pm you all of my module questions (just finished gcses and i am predicted a 9). memorise these by saying them out loud again and again and write them out again and again. you can use these for your writing so its essentially a case of two birds w one stone

do all of the possible exercises in the cgp book. do every practice paper you can find. practice legit makes perfect. you can even use papers from other exam boards just note the difference in format. get your teacher to mark these

if you do have opportunities for 1-2-1 speaking practice with your teacher, take it. if someone cancels, take their slot. trust me these are so helpful!! it also gives u a chance to improve your pronunciation

learn some set A* phrases. complex phrases which can easily be changed to fit your context eg si j'avais le choix...., il faut... etc etc.

listening tends to always be the hardest so practice it a lot. watch videos on youtube in french-theres this guy call everydayfrench i think and he does videos of him speaking in french doing everyday things (w eng subs and french subs). really helped me w comprehension and stuff

get a seperate grammar workbook if u can. it will work wonders. get your teacher to mark exercises and then do them all over again. it will take lots of time and dedication but it will be worth it when you see that 9 on results day

bonne chance!!

Quick Reply

Latest