Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need ideas for a fancy dress party. The theme is 'around the world', so you need to pick a country that you want your costume to represent. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Go as a british person!

ReputationRep:
    russian doll
    harajuku girl
    little yodeling girl - pinafore, long plaits, puffy blouse etc etc
    chinese girl
    indian saris

ReputationRep:
    just think of stereotypes, personally i'd go as a frenchman with a bourré (sp?), silly moustache, garlic around the neck etc

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Oh beat me to it! A berret and a stripy top

ReputationRep:
    Go as a globe:P:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tetters)
    just think of stereotypes, personally i'd go as a frenchman with a bourré (sp?), silly moustache, garlic around the neck etc
    lol bourré means drunk :p:

i say you go as vatican city! or you could also be a native american indian, american tourist (hawaiian shirt, khaki shorts, panama hat, sunglasses, map, naff trainers with white ankle socks), african tribal person (fun with facepaint, ethnic jewellery)...

ReputationRep:
    A frenchman!

ReputationRep:
    oh we had one of these!!!

i went from hawaii (grass skirt, flower garland etc)
    House mate went as a french maid (black dress, white frilly apron, frilly had and a feather duster)
    the girls birthday it was was an egyption
    there were a couple of mexicans (with ponchos and the big hats)
    two people came as mario and luigi (italy)
    there was a turkish belly dancer
    there were cowboys and indians from south america

every one made such an effort

have fun

ReputationRep:
    I'm being a Mexican on Friday for Children in Needs. And I've been hawaiian before. Both are easy enough to do.

ReputationRep:
    For a eurovision party I was a french mime?

Go as a geisha! Might be a bit hard to get a kimono though, i'd lend you one if you didnt live so far away!

ReputationRep:
    Harem girl/ Belly dancerish costume

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.