The Student Room Group

grammar school adimission sixth form

Hi guys, I'm kind of new here lol
For the people in UK, do you guys know what GCSE grades you need to get into a grammar school sixth form, if you are currently not going to a grammar high school ?
Original post by Xxmanuela
For the people in UK, do you guys know what GCSE grades you need to get into a grammar school sixth form, if you are currently not going to a grammar high school ?

It differs between grammar schools but the grammar school that is close to where I live needs mostly 8s and 9s to get into to their courses. But it really does differ between grammar schools so I suggest you look into the ones nearby to where you live.
Reply 2
Original post by JA03
It differs between grammar schools but the grammar school that is close to where I live needs mostly 8s and 9s to get into to their courses. But it really does differ between grammar schools so I suggest you look into the ones nearby to where you live.

thank youu!

Typical minimum requirement in my area is 8 GCSE at grade 9-4 including maths and English to at least grade 5 and often higher dependent on chosen A level.. Minimum grade 7 in any subject wishing to take at A level (or related subject if not taken at GCSE). Note: applications are rarely accepted after Xmas for conditional entry the following September
Reply 4
i will keep that in mind thank you
thank youu!

You need to check how they award places if they are over-subscribed [which they will likely be]. Sometimes they just rank applicants on GCSE results but each GS will be different.

Check on their website

Hi, I would maybe try checking the grammar school sixth forms website (they will have the entry requirement etc).

I would say that you should be aiming for grades between 8-9 (depending on which grammar school you choose). Some grammar school will specifically tell you that you need a grade 9 in a specific subject. Also, you should be aiming to get a really high gcse in the subject you wish to study at A-levels.

If you don’t mind me asking, which grammar school are you thinking to apply to?
I live really close by to MGGS, MGS and WGS and they all have their entry requirements on their websites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending