The Student Room Group

Should I get married?

Poll

Should I get married?

Hi guys,

Me and a good friend of mine had the idea the other day that we should get married. (I'm a guy, my friend's a girl)

After thinking about it more and more, we are beginning to like the idea. We get along great, we have a lot in common in terms of personality, we're usually rather happy around each other, we find each other attractive and there's always a fun chemistry between us.

We're both 18 and I understand that it may seem like a silly, immature decision which we will regret, but I don't think it is.

I subscribe to the philosophy that the biggest decisions in life should be made spontaneously and it hasn't failed me so far.

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Marry her.
Reply 2
Go for it you only live once.
Lamasamaka
Hi guys,

Me and a good friend of mine had the idea the other day that we should get married. (I'm a guy, my friend's a girl)

After thinking about it more and more, we are beginning to like the idea. We get along great, we have a lot in common in terms of personality, we're usually rather happy around each other, we find each other attractive and there's always a fun chemistry between us.

We're both 18 and I understand that it may seem like a silly, immature decision which we will regret, but I don't think it is.

I subscribe to the philosophy that the biggest decisions in life should be made spontaneously and it hasn't failed me so far.

What do you think?

IMO TBH - absolutely ridiculous

But your life, your decision
Reply 4
I think i'd only marry for love, but if you both wanna do it why not? You only live once.
If you have to ask a forum, the answer's 'No'.

Really, do you want to be 20 and meet the love of your life and then be a divorcee?
Reply 6
I don't think you should.
Reply 7
So you're not in love? You're just like.. good friends?

Doesn't make sense to me.
As soon as you find the love of your life you'll regret it.
Reply 9
Lamasamaka
I subscribe to the philosophy that the biggest decisions in life should be made spontaneously

Oh dear.
Reply 10
Why not try going out first? :p:
Reply 11
Don't do it
Reply 12
If you're having doubts, no. That will not be good for either of you.
If you're asking then you don't know the answer yourself, and therefore aren't ready.
You need to be sure about a decision like this as it will affect your whole life.
Jamezzy
Go for it you only live once.

and how many times do you plan on getting married? What the point of marriage if you plan on doing it more than once?
Too Early to tell dude
Lamasamaka
(I'm a guy, my friend's a girl)

:biggrin: Lol.

Reminds me of

(*judge questioning drunk man in court*)

J: Who are you married to?
M: A woman....
J: Don't try to be funny, that's obvious....
M: It's not obvious at all - I, for example, have a sister, and she's married to a man....
Some of the best loves are based on one hell of a friend ship. HOWEVER, i'd only get married if you can honestly see yourself doing very intimate things (i don't mean sex) but personal things, knowing that you'll most likely have to share things with her. If you can see yourself having kids, if you can see yourself happy then yes, why not.
Whoa slow down. You need to find out if she's good in bed first.
Reply 19
nahh... sooner or later you'll meet someone who takes your breath away, and you'll regret being tied to your friend... no matter how nice she is.

Latest

Trending

Trending