Turn on thread page Beta

cheating and morals watch

Announcements

ok I am having a slight problem, I met a guy this summer when i was away and we clicked immediatly and formed a really great friendship, the problem is he has a girlfriend and I knew about this and so wouldnt take the relationship any further, but he then went and cheated with a different girl and I can't help wishing it was me.
    He is now coming to visit me for a few days in couple of weeks and I'm confused as to whether to let anything happen, havent felt this strongly bout a guy in a long time, but hes still with the girlfriend. is it really awful that I'm contemplating this.

Any thoughts on the matter would be much appreciated :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do anything, he's still with his girlfriend. Do you really think that's going to change if anything were to happen with you...?

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing.. everyone has temptation.. but we must be strong to deal with it..

If he is a cheater.. you should not like him so much.. he would only do the same to you if something were to happen.. he sounds like bad news.. Be stronger than him.. do not give him what he wants.. sex.. if you really do want a relationship with him.. then make him end it with his girlfriend first.. so he knows you are priority.. but be ready for the consequences..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dream_Catcher)
    I wouldn't do anything, he's still with his girlfriend. Do you really think that's going to change if anything were to happen with you...?
    This. Plus, even if he did break up with her, would you really want to be with someone like that, who u know would treat their girlfriend that way? Who says he won't do the same to you? How would u feel if it was your boyfriend? Think of the girl This guy's treating her like a mug.

Don't let it happen. Let him know that you want it to, but if he wants it too then he's got to end things. Otherwise, walk away.

ReputationRep:
    The girlfriends his problem, not yours :-P
    Your problem is deciding what you want from him..some fun then go ahead.
    anything else, be careful
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you actually need to ask what to do? he has a gf, that in its own right should make you stay away..

and if you were to get into any kind of meaningful relationship, prepare to be hurt.. zebras dont change their stripes.. once a cheater, always a cheater...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade4666)
    The girlfriends his problem, not yours :-P
    Your problem is deciding what you want from him..some fun then go ahead.
    anything else, be careful
    I do not agree with this at all..

If she knowingly sleeps with him while he has a girlfriend.. she is no better than he is.. in my eyes..

ReputationRep:
    hold on

he has a girlfriend so you would allready be his number 2
    and he slept with this other girl too, so that probably makes you his number 3

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with an outside perspective and any sense of morality is going to say "No, don't do it!".

At the end of the day he's an established cheater, and you're obviously not his only interest is he's still with his girlfriend and cheating on her with others...

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one here who has a problem with people encouraging others in relationships to be unfaithful ? How can you not feel guilty ? Sounds like the epitome of selfishness to me.

ReputationRep:
    embrace your inner skank whore slut and get dirrty with him.
    Hes already a cheater so you know..

ReputationRep:
    You're made for eachother, but you'd probably be surprised when he cheats on you, for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    If you really like him, don't do it. If you get into a relationship how are you going to know he won't cheat on you too?

If it's just for fun, yeah go for it.

thanks for the feedback guys, you have pretty much just reiterated what i was thinking, i know i could never have a relationship with him for the simple reason I could never trust him, I could just have fun as some of you stated but you are right I'd feel awful afterwards and I couldn't do that to his girlfriend either.

(Original post by Darkel)
    You're made for eachother, but you'd probably be surprised when he cheats on you, for some reason.
    t6hanks for the reply, why would I be surprised if he cheated on me if hes done it before, I'm not naive enough to believe that I could "change" him, it would be nothing but a bit of fun but I can't do that to his girlfriend so he is a no go area officially a fantasy and nothing more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    If you really like him, don't do it. If you get into a relationship how are you going to know he won't cheat on you too?

If it's just for fun, yeah go for it.
    I vote best answer!

(Original post by JaKoelsch)
    I vote best answer!
    its the answer I would most like to follow, we couldn't have a relationship other than a long distance one anyway even if he was single as he doesnt live in this country

ReputationRep:
    he jus gonna think u is easy if you let anythin happen..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    t6hanks for the reply, why would I be surprised if he cheated on me if hes done it before, I'm not naive enough to believe that I could "change" him, it would be nothing but a bit of fun but I can't do that to his girlfriend so he is a no go area officially a fantasy and nothing more
    Hooray to you OP! Finally someone will do the right thing!

I have faith in you.. You know there are better men out there.. You go and get them!

And please do not give in!

(Original post by Guru Sauce)
    Hooray to you OP! Finally someone will do the right thing!

I have faith in you.. You know there are better men out there.. You go and get them!

And please do not give in!
    thanks for the faith guru sauce I will prove it was rightly placed.
    I won't let anything happen i have decided to believe it is just lust and it will fade :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.