Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I sent my application on the 24th of September. In it I stated that I was applying through the Year in Industry scheme for a gap year. I am now working at Rolls-Royce and would like to update this information.

    Is this possible through UCAS? Or do I have to contact the uni directly?
    And do you think there's much point in doing this?

    Thanks very much

    (Original post by TheSlash)
    Is this possible through UCAS? Or do I have to contact the uni directly?
    And do you think there's much point in doing this?
    It's too late to make any changes since your information has already gone out.
    It's in your interests to tell anyone that makes you an offer that you plan on deferring entry for a year as early as possible. I don't think they're obliged to make you a 2010 offer, but it's stilly pretty likely. Just draft up a quick email or something. It'll probably help to mention that it's a structured year with YinI.

    Best of luck.
    • Thread Starter

    I actually finished my exams last year and am working at Rolls-Royce now. So it'll be 2009 entry for me. Thanks for the input though.
What's the best type of cheese?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.