Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon please, I know people on here and feel rather pathetic for ranting about this. Basically, my throat is SO sore. Not just the average sore throat, I have on one side what seems to be a white blister at the very back of my mouth. Swallowing and eating are so painful, and it throbs even when I'm doing neither. I don't know what to do about it, I'm home from uni for a week and I'm working full time. On top of that I have a huge amount of uni work to do, including coursework due for monday. I really don't have time to go to the doctors, and I'm not even sure I can if my doctor is now the one in my uni town?

If anyone knows of anything that can help get rid of this, or just soothe it, I would be very greatful . Feeling a bit stressed!

ReputationRep:
    swallow grass with boiling water, that is the food of hell.

ReputationRep:
    I believe this is quite common at this time of year.. i had the same thing myself not long ago.. it is not good..

I just let time fix it.. it took about a week.. it will be uncomfortable.. but there is not much I could do.. maybe there are remedies.. i do not know.. i could not be bothered!

ReputationRep:
    i have that also. .. it's called tonsillitis

i take lots of paracetamol and soothers. . apparently gargleing TCP diluted with water really helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    i have that also. .. it's called tonsillitis

i take lots of paracetamol and soothers. . apparently gargleing TCP diluted with water really helps
    This.
    It tastes disgusting, but it really does numb the pain for a little while. Also it smells really strong, so if you're going out at all, don't gargle with it too soon before!

And this may sound stupid and obvious, but don't eat sharp foods.

ReputationRep:
    What is TCP..?

ReputationRep:
    There are lots of things it could be but it's worth knowing paracetamol won't do anything to help, you need an anti-inflammatory so take ibuprofen (branded as nurofen)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Sauce)
    What is TCP..?
    http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...size-200ml.jpg

Like a liquid antiseptic.

There are probably similar things around.
    (If you do this though, only put a lil bit of TCP in!)

ReputationRep:
    Gargle soluble aspirin. Tastes **** but might help.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.