The Student Room Group

Data Ranking - Help needed

I am required to rank the subscriptions, however I do not understand how to do this as it all adds up to 100%

Any help would be appreciated.

The options I have are:

All Hayu Subscribers
Male Kids Pass Subscribers
Male Sky cinema pass subscribers
Sky sports pass scribers aged 35-50
Entertainment pass subscribers aged 51-65
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by MissCarter786
I am required to rank the subscriptions, however I do not understand how to do this as it all adds up to 100%

Any help would be appreciated.

The options I have are:

All Hayu Subscribers
Male Kids Pass Subscribers
Male Sky cinema pass subscribers
Sky sports pass scribers aged 35-50
Entertainment pass subscribers aged 51-65

Is there not any more info in the quesstion? As the bars are a percentage for each "pass", you cant really compare/rank the diffferent ones unless you know the totals.
Hey! Thank you for the response. This is what I found confusing too.

I will attach any more information to this post.

Original post by mqb2766
Is there not any more info in the quesstion? As the bars are a percentage for each "pass", you cant really compare/rank the diffferent ones unless you know the totals.
You should have all the info to answer the question then, as you have th totals for each group and the percentages for each subgroup. So you can work out (and compare) the totals for each subgroup of interest.
Original post by mqb2766
You should have all the info to answer the question then, as you have th totals for each group and the percentages for each subgroup. So you can work out (and compare) the totals for each subgroup of interest.

Do I have to divide the total for the group by the percentage of the subgroup?

For example, if I have a question/ What percentage of Total pass subscriptions are accounted for by female Entertainment pass subscribers?

For this question, I found the total amount of the entertainment pass subscriptions which is 3,000,000
I then found the percentage of females that use the entertainment pass which is 55%

However, I get an extremely large number when I do this.
...What percentage of Total pass subscriptions are accounted for by female Entertainment pass subscribers ...

You know the number of Total pass subscribers, and you can work out (simple percentages) the number of Female Entertainment pass subscribers. Then its just a simple ratio to get the desired percentage.

Have a go and upload your attempt if necessary.
Original post by mqb2766
You know the number of Total pass subscribers, and you can work out (simple percentages) the number of Female Entertainment pass subscribers. Then its just a simple ratio to get the desired percentage.

Have a go and upload your attempt if necessary.

Thank you!
I think I sort of get it now,

I think Its 55 (females entertainment) /100 x total number of number of pass subscribers?
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you!
I think I sort of get it now,

I think Its 55 (females entertainment) /100 x total number of number of pass subscribers?

Not sure thats right, but it would be better if you put the numbers in. Work out the number of female entertainment pass subscribers you have, then work out what percentage that is of the total pass subscriptions.

Quick Reply