Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Anime Society: FULL METAL YURI - The Awesomeness of Cooro Hiwatari Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Try telling my teachers that. It's widely considered as being one of the 'Great American Novels' for its contribution and insightful response for America during its period. :p: :laughing: According to my teacher, it is part of the curriculum for most high schools in the US. :giggle:

In regard to using quotes and sourses, you probably can, I did at least and scored respectfully. :p: However, with that said, I studied the book at A Level standard. I'd imagine for your level you'd need to read the book properly to gain an understanding of all of the nuances and subliminal messages... :p: It's a drab book, I'll agree.
    I think it was Hemingway who called it the greatest American novel. Lying *******.

I have loads of quotes from the book which show its racist side as well as loads of articlesand books which argue for and against the point so I might be able to manage it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Cooro)
    I think it was Hemingway who called it the greatest American novel. Lying *******.

I have loads of quotes from the book which show its racist side as well as loads of articlesand books which argue for and against the point so I might be able to manage it.
    Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine. When I wrote my research paper for the RCA, my argument stemmed from the various sources and references that supported it, rather than the primary source I was referring to. I did alright. :p:

ReputationRep:
    :motz:

im bored:puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    :console: vin-kun

ReputationRep:
    :huff:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    :motz:

im bored:puppyeyes:
    You have 68 series to watch, according to your AP list. Get going! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, new thread, nearly lost you guys for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :huff:
    what? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaomeister)
    Gao! :hugs: Where have you been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    You have 68 series to watch, according to your AP list. Get going! :p:
    I cant be bothered right now:eviltongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Gao! :hugs: Where have you been?
    Been heavily involved in Archery...we beat Cambridge and Oxford on Sunday

At university waiting for Archery to start, so I thought I'd check up on you guys! Missed you all! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    what? :puppyeyes:
    :surprise::flutter:

ReputationRep:
    Been heavily involved in Archery...we beat Cambridge and Oxford on Sunday

At university waiting for Archery to start, so I thought I'd check up on you guys! Missed you all! :hugs:
    ARCHERY :woo: I haven't been able to go shooting for over a year :sad: It really sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :surprise::flutter:
    :shock:

ReputationRep:
    well if it isnt the tooth fairy:hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    :woo: I haven't been able to go shooting for over a year :sad: It really sucks.
    the news warned us about people like you:hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    ARCHERY :woo: I haven't been able to go shooting for over a year :sad: It really sucks.
    Aww, well if your bow isn't getting used then you could always give it to me

(Original post by vin)
    well if it isnt the tooth fairy:hmmm:
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Aww, well if your bow isn't getting used then you could always give it to me

I was thinking about selling it for a bit of extra cash, but I just can't bring myself to give my Hiraikotsu away :sad:

ReputationRep:
    been playing more oblivion, I finally turned my green haired holy elfy girl evil :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    I was thinking about selling it for a bit of extra cash, but I just can't bring myself to give my Hiraikotsu away :sad:
    Hiraikotsu?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.