The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4880
Liquidus Zeromus
Enjoying your American Literature and Creative Writing course, I see. *chuckles*

Why American Literature? What did British authors ever do to you?

I applied for English literature with Creative Writing, but at the UEA it's uber-competetive and I didn't get it. But they said they really liked my application and offered me the American Lit version instead. As I love the uni and this course gives me the chance to go to America for a year I took them up on the offer.

I do love the course :giggle: I just hate Huckleberry Finn :mad:
Wait for that flamethrower I promised.
Reply 4882
having watched the dub years ago, this sounds strange to me :s: why do goku and gohan sound like children:s-smilie:
Cooro
I applied for English literature with Creative Writing, but at the UEA it's uber-competetive and I didn't get it. But they said they really liked my application and offered me the American Lit version instead. As I love the uni and this course gives me the chance to go to America for a year I took them up on the offer.

I do love the course :giggle: I just hate Huckleberry Finn :mad:

Ahh, I see. That is good. Funny that they have a specific American Literature course, though.
What about Tom Sawyer?
Reply 4884
Liquidus Zeromus
Ahh, I see. That is good. Funny that they have a specific American Literature course, though.
What about Tom Sawyer?

Why is that funny?

Don't have to read Tom Sawyer.
vin
having watched the dub years ago, this sounds strange to me :s: why do goku and gohan sound like children:s-smilie:

You mean the original Dragon Ball?

Well, Goku was a kid back then.
Reply 4886
Nah he's talking about the Jump DBZ special that has just been made available. Its set after the Majin Buu saga of DBZ.........krillin had hair by that stage :giggle: I suppose because I watched most of the series subbed I'm used to the voices - kind of prefer the dub of DBZ though, mainly because its easier to take the piss out of :p:
Reply 4887
Liquidus Zeromus
You mean the original Dragon Ball?

Well, Goku was a kid back then.

no the new speacial, hes an adult
Dub is the best for DB/Z/GT :awesome:
Reply 4889
GT :yucky: I refuse to watch that abomination
Reply 4890
GT was atrocious. And for the record, Ryūsei Nakao is marvelous as Frieza, I couldn't possibly see him voiced by anyone else.
Cooro
Why is that funny?

Don't have to read Tom Sawyer.

Well, to be fair, Staffordshire Uni, quite close to me, offers some very specific courses in Multiplayer Game Development, Chinese Management, Coaching Science, Community Arts in Global Perspective, English Communication for International Business, and many more courses which will look very good on a CV. :rolleyes:

Yours sounds good, but I'd think it a little limited by just being American Literature. Do you look at anything other than American works? I mean, I'd think that just adding Creative Writing & Literature with American Culture/Studies would allow a broader perspective.

Don't mind me, I'm just being cynical.
Reply 4892
caraniel
GT :yucky: I refuse to watch that abomination

please review it:puppyeyes:
Hah, the original DB conquers all, especially with the Turtle Guy and Frog Emperor.
Reply 4894
Not even the :puppyeyes: emoticon can move me to watch GT :no:
Reply 4895
Liquidus Zeromus
Hah, the original DB conquers all, especially with the Turtle Guy and Frog Emperor.

Dragon Ball is the 'better' series in the franchise, I agree. Its sequel, however, was the most influential.
Reply 4896
Liquidus Zeromus
Well, to be fair, Staffordshire Uni, quite close to me, offers some very specific courses in Multiplayer Game Development, Chinese Management, Coaching Science, Community Arts in Global Perspective, English Communication for International Business, and many more courses which will look very good on a CV. :rolleyes:

Yours sounds good, but I'd think it a little limited by just being American Literature. Do you look at anything other than American works? I mean, I'd think that just adding Creative Writing & Literature with American Culture/Studies would allow a broader perspective.

Don't mind me, I'm just being cynical.

.... American Literature is a part of American Studies. Most of the work we do includes American history and politics too, we're just more literature specific. One of my modules next year is a history module called 'Witchcraft, Magic and Belief in Early Modern Europe'. Next year we can choose more modules including ones in English Literature if we wanted.

To be frank I'm kind of insulted that you think that American literature, both as it is and as a course, is somehow inferior to English literature :hmmm:
Reply 4897
caraniel

It's like Fleming for Bond, Dragon Ball isn't the same without Toriyama.
Reply 4898
caraniel

please:puppyeyes:Ill be nice to you forever:s:
Reply 4899
Indeed Aiko - just would feel completely wrong to me.

Vin nothing will make me watch that show - and you know you will not be able to keep being nice to me for very long! :laugh:

Latest