Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Anime Society: FULL METAL YURI - The Awesomeness of Cooro Hiwatari Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad. Still trying to write my damned portfolio but I'm otherwise happy.

No sign of my Planetes DVDs yet though :hmpf:

How're you, L?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    vin-kun :jumphug:
    :w00t:

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to write some sort of story of my own. I have so many ideas that I want to make into several science-fiction and fantasy books.

I'm ok, I guess. Got faith in myself again.

ReputationRep:
    Least you don't have a deadline for your story :laugh:

You lost faith in yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, for about two weeks actually. A crisis of self. Didn't trust myself much. :shifty:

All the best with your writing.

ReputationRep:
    Aww :console:

Thanks, I think I'm gonna need it! Stupid portfolio...

ReputationRep:
    Heh.

What do you have to do now?

ReputationRep:
    20 pages of Creative Writing and a 3500 word essay. That last shouldn't be too tricky as I've done the research and planning and just need to write it up. It's the portfolio that's got me stumped.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Finished the first draft of my dissertation. :proud: Or at least I'd be happy to hand it in as it is right now, though chances are I'll actually pick at it and change/add a few things over the next few days. I've got until Friday to submit it, but I'd prefer to hand it in on Wednesday at the latest. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I need to improve my essay planning technique a bit. With history essays I just rush in and make opinions on issues as I go along. Don't plan them out properly. Bad Alex.

ReputationRep:
    I generally don't plan essays, but this one's a really tough essay, so I thought it was best to. it's not a broad question, either, so there isn't a lot to write about. Filling up 3500 words will be tricky :s:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    My research paper required continued planning and revision. 45,000 words. :eek: Mind you, it was one of the select few I genuinely enjoyed writing. I even rewrote the entire paper in Japanese afterwards. :laughing:

ReputationRep:
    45000 words :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Aiko :eek: How long did it take you?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Difficult to say, several months to half a year. It was part of the M.Phil I undertook at the RCA. Regency Fashion has been ingrained in my mind for eternity. :laughing:

ReputationRep:
    :giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'll have to do a dissertation as part of my MSc as well, if I get accepted and decide to come back to Aber. The worrying thing is that the word count hasn't been mentioned once on the website, in the leaflets or at the MSc meeting I attended... :afraid:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Fortunately my argument and findings stemmed from an area that has been heavily covered and documented, thus I had little trouble compiling the necessary material to strengthen my own stance. Unusually I found the entire process relatively straightforward, despite struggling immensely on my dissertation for my BA. I'm supposing once you've acquired the process of articulating your arguments freely without constraint, the entire process becomes more fluid. :yep:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'll have to do a dissertation as part of my MSc as well, if I get accepted and decide to come back to Aber. The worrying thing is that the word count hasn't been mentioned once on the website, in the leaflets or at the MSc meeting I attended... :afraid:
    It's dependent on whether your MSc is taught or purely research. My M.Phil was principally about the paper, with the natural progression onto the PhD, grade achieved and acceptance permitting.

ReputationRep:
    I just took a "what kind of wave energy are you" quiz (Katekyo Hitman Reborn) and apparantly I'm Rain Attribute XD

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.