It is cool. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    hi

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Hello vin, McCann.

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I'm getting playback problems :sad: Audio/Subtitles are out of sync with the video and being the newb that I am I have no idea how to fix this. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Hello Yuuki.

Is it online or a DVD? Best bet is to reload it in any case. Or try another site. Or take the DVD back to the shop.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Vin. :hi:
    Either it is a dodgy sub or you are running too many processes at once. :hmmmm:
    Also, what are you watching it with and have you got the CCCP codecs?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, just a big 1.8gb mp4 file I've been meaning to watch, finally have the time for it and now it's giving me problems :sigh:

I'm guessing my computer ain't fast enough for the file?

Edit: Closed everything before playing the file since I thought it was that too at first, and yes I've got CCCP.

ReputationRep:
    im guessing its something youve downloaded? what format is it and what player are you using?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    Argh, I'm getting playback problems :sad: Audio/Subtitles are out of sync with the video and being the newb that I am I have no idea how to fix this. Any suggestions?
    The main reasons I find for that happening is either a computer is too old/low spec or is running too many applications at once, or that the file is just badly encoded. Not much you can do apart from find another file, or close any applications you aren't using.

ReputationRep:
    O____O1.8gb im not surprised your having problems

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I guess I thought I had a super computer or something.

I'm gonna go find the .avi instead, I guess it'll have to wait :sigh:

Thanks for the help though
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    1.8 GB is a bit big, I'd struggle to play that on mine I think. Is it really high resolution, or just a very long video? If it's the former, that can cause lagging.

ReputationRep:
    It's HD and pretty long :p: I found the .avi anyway. Thanks AJ :^_^:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yup, it's the specification of the computer that causes the lag. I've downloaded equally as large files at 1080p (1920 pixels) and it's impossible with my older computer.

ReputationRep:
    my ds L button wasnt working...and I tried the fix...where you seal your mouth around ther button and blow:wtf?:....and it worked:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting to watch it since Saturday. I don't think I'll have enough time to watch it tomorrow and the download won't finish today either...might as well go do my homework :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    my ds L button wasnt working...and I tried the fix...where you seal your mouth around ther button and blow:wtf?:....and it worked:eek:
    :giggle:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2008
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.